Our feelings on forum and ideas/wishes for it

Should there be a limit on how many Random topics there can be, perhaps per every month? I feel like it would be flooding with tons of random topics there. Just a thought

My wish is that we get kid leaders back but we should be able to nominate them

Yeah, I'd love that :D

Yeah it would be pretty lit

@Rodrigo what do y'all think of my lit suggestion?

Hmm, that'd definitely be interesting. There are a bunch of pros and cons to that idea; I don't know.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's not a bad idea, but it depends on the right implementation.

@Rodrigo, just wondering, and I totally don't mean to pry, but would it be ok if the user you just replied to (T_T) didn't always get suspended right away? She hasn't done anything wrong in a really long time, and drama that has no place on a coding forum kinda starts. Maybe if she got a second chance there wouldn't be much drama and complaining.

I understand if you want to keep things like how they are. Sorry to bother :smiley:

Are there any ideas that were discussed that you're thinking of turning into a reality on the forum?

She's made lots of alt accounts to bypass a bunch of bans. It goes against the community guidelines, so I dunno.

I'm reading all the suggestions that have been written here.

That was my account though man I let her use it and they should have asked me before they suspended it

and when I wish this on a shooting star, I hope this(these ideas) will come true โˆ•โˆ•โˆ• โˆ• โˆ•โˆ•ห›โ‚หดโ—…ห‹)เฉญโœงโˆ•โˆ•โˆ• โˆ•โˆ•

btw great topic! must've been a lot of typing * ^ *

Here's a topic that hasn't been brought up much: tags.

Now, I myself do mess around with tags sometimes. But I think that they're something that can be super useful if we take advantage of it.

Take for example the #lgbt tag. Some people mute it because they don't have the same beliefs as those topics. Why don't we apply this to other topics?

People don't like to see general topics? Then they can easily hide all of them simply by muting that tag. Maybe people want to be alerted when there's a new topic with a tag related to code. Then, they can set that corresponding tag to "watch first post."

It would take a lot to switch from for-fun tags to organizing ones, but I think it'll be worth it. In my opinion, it's more efficient than adding way more categories.

Using forum tags more?

U got a real good idea.

Thanks XD

Wow okay :relaxed:

I would like to stress I would not have made this if it weren't for talking to Sam and then Liza, and definitely if it weren't for all of you. (plus another part that id like to try talk about later.)

And I would like to write down all ideas first, without evaluating.

I'm going to try work through this :slight_smile:

Hey Ihasfluffycupcakes :smile: hmm I see you're talking about when people are treated rather roughly while being accused of seeking attention; and it must feel pretty hurtful being treated seemingly rather unsympathetically when what they need is support. And thanks, I have included this in the topic too :blush:

Personally, I think it's time to crack down on unrelated topics. This forum isn't even a forum anymore, it's just a place for people to complain and be random.

Hi Aether :blush: I can see you must be frustrated with seeing content that really feels like it shouldn't be here. I've added what you've said too :upside_down:

I would heart :heart:, but I have run out of hearts for the next 7 hours :broken_heart:

And yeah, imagine the system being able to evaluate all the flags automatically! There is a discussion on something sort of like that actually (I linked it after @Mr.rex's idea too):

Thanks ValueGamesStudio and it is pretty long :joy: we're trying to write near everything here hehe :upside_down:

And thanks MiNi :smile: I can see it'd be a big help to have more people manage some of those extra abilities. And you are understanding of things and hoping that they'll think over it as we keep going :relaxed:

And I see, @UnderagedCoder1 too, you both were thinking about the number of leaders that might address things โ€” oh, and @MR.GAM3R :blush:

Hi OnceUponATime! I saw your post on the other topic and I'm really sorry that you weren't able to access this; it must have been frustrating not being able to access topics when you want to add to discussions. (I want this to stay for everyone to see too. I can't tell if this had been moved to lounge โ€” if anyone had moved it by any chance, it's okay!, I just would like it to remain open as well.) Also yes I did include what you'd said elsewhere!

And I see you're understanding about the amount of time it would take to manage everything here, especially with other responsibilities that people must have too. And you must feel really close to all your friends here; it would hurt so much to just have it taken away, just to think about it even.

sorry everyone but I have to go for now (:sob:) See you when I come back :wave: