Our feelings on forum and ideas/wishes for it

ideas

Are there any ideas that were discussed that you're thinking of turning into a reality on the forum?

She's made lots of alt accounts to bypass a bunch of bans. It goes against the community guidelines, so I dunno.

I'm reading all the suggestions that have been written here.

That was my account though man I let her use it and they should have asked me before they suspended it

and when I wish this on a shooting star, I hope this(these ideas) will come true ∕∕∕ ∕ ∕∕˛₍˴◅ˋ)੭✧∕∕∕ ∕∕

btw great topic! must've been a lot of typing * ^ *

Here's a topic that hasn't been brought up much: tags.

Now, I myself do mess around with tags sometimes. But I think that they're something that can be super useful if we take advantage of it.

Take for example the #lgbt tag. Some people mute it because they don't have the same beliefs as those topics. Why don't we apply this to other topics?

People don't like to see general topics? Then they can easily hide all of them simply by muting that tag. Maybe people want to be alerted when there's a new topic with a tag related to code. Then, they can set that corresponding tag to "watch first post."

It would take a lot to switch from for-fun tags to organizing ones, but I think it'll be worth it. In my opinion, it's more efficient than adding way more categories.

Using forum tags more?

U got a real good idea.

Thanks XD

Wow okay :relaxed:

I would like to stress I would not have made this if it weren't for talking to Sam and then Liza, and definitely if it weren't for all of you. (plus another part that id like to try talk about later.)

And I would like to write down all ideas first, without evaluating.

I'm going to try work through this :slight_smile:

Hey Ihasfluffycupcakes :smile: hmm I see you're talking about when people are treated rather roughly while being accused of seeking attention; and it must feel pretty hurtful being treated seemingly rather unsympathetically when what they need is support. And thanks, I have included this in the topic too :blush:

Personally, I think it's time to crack down on unrelated topics. This forum isn't even a forum anymore, it's just a place for people to complain and be random.

Hi Aether :blush: I can see you must be frustrated with seeing content that really feels like it shouldn't be here. I've added what you've said too :upside_down:

I would heart :heart:, but I have run out of hearts for the next 7 hours :broken_heart:

And yeah, imagine the system being able to evaluate all the flags automatically! There is a discussion on something sort of like that actually (I linked it after @Mr.rex's idea too):

Thanks ValueGamesStudio and it is pretty long :joy: we're trying to write near everything here hehe :upside_down:

And thanks MiNi :smile: I can see it'd be a big help to have more people manage some of those extra abilities. And you are understanding of things and hoping that they'll think over it as we keep going :relaxed:

And I see, @UnderagedCoder1 too, you both were thinking about the number of leaders that might address things — oh, and @MR.GAM3R :blush:

Hi OnceUponATime! I saw your post on the other topic and I'm really sorry that you weren't able to access this; it must have been frustrating not being able to access topics when you want to add to discussions. (I want this to stay for everyone to see too. I can't tell if this had been moved to lounge — if anyone had moved it by any chance, it's okay!, I just would like it to remain open as well.) Also yes I did include what you'd said elsewhere!

And I see you're understanding about the amount of time it would take to manage everything here, especially with other responsibilities that people must have too. And you must feel really close to all your friends here; it would hurt so much to just have it taken away, just to think about it even.

sorry everyone but I have to go for now (:sob:) See you when I come back :wave:

Yep, I've read lots of topics about how to get leader, what qualifications you need, etc. :blush:
@t1_hopscotch were you a former moderator/leader?:slight_smile:

Hi MiNi! :smile: (I would heart but I have run out :cry: so here you go :heart:) Wow it sounds like you've really looked through lots! so yes I did used to be moderator/leader (but it was a while ago now).
I must go so bye for now!! :wave:

Right, so there's still heaps more that I want to address but I have sort of been looking through quite a bit, around the place in general, and I think it might be good for me to cool down for a bit before going on haha so I'm taking a small break for now :blush: (it is night where I am at the moment) so I'm sorry about not being able to get back to people for tomorrow.

Generally we're probably feeling pretty frustrated or riled about this matter, to some extent at least (or some other words that I learnt and thought gave names to other things that I've been feeling in various life states too — irked, petulant, ruffled – but anyway) I can we are pretty concerned about all this.

Okay, bye :wave:! This is a great topic, by the way!

:blush: I've added Liza's now too.

Oooh hmm I was thinking a larger general category under which we can have all creativity and the sort of general topics, with more of an emphasis on... connections?

An example I was thinking was you sign up for an extra class related to a particular area or something (e.g. sport club, dancing club, coding club etc) and you meet people and maybe you become friends, and discover there are a whole heap of things that cross with your love of what you were doing, but also other things and hobbies and shared interests that you have. And you think they're so awesome that you want to hear about whatever it is that they're working on, whatever they're learning or creating. (Okay I feel very in awe of a lot of people and I do want to see everything that they're up to)

I think maybe a part of the lounge's reason for existence might have been to cover this — for users who want to extend their conversations maybe — but it was meant to be in private, whereas we wanted things to be accessible.

one of my dreams is that we Hopscotchers get to work on things together and with others when we're older :sparkles: like being part of a community and staying friends and you just make stuff together hehe... and dream about the world together...

Whoopsies I went on for a bit too much again... but that was just an extra idea for something that might be touched upon... I also dreamed if later on we had a separate site where we could focus on that and have that as our values, but it's a bit more outside the scope here. I hadn't looked much but I guess sort of how there is this site where people have interesting discussions, their focus is on human thought and rationality but it is very broad — from science to philosophy.

Anyway I was just thinking of that general theme, but I wasn't really sure how to describe it :upside_down:

Hey @TheAcingGamer :blush: you must have been feeling frustrated, making all your topics too, and you do care a lot about the content of this community. And I see you think putting things in place to limit topics more to Hopscotch would be helpful :slight_smile: I have put that in the topic as well.

(it was thanks to your topic that had me on a spur to make this one too :relaxed:)

@OnceUponATime I can see you're really concerned about not getting to have discussions with friends anymore, and a possibility of growing divide in the forum if it were to be split into coding/non-coding or talking etc.

@AmiiboTrash it sounds like you must be feeling tired of being told things around here, told to not stray... I'm sorry that you won't get to see this though, it seems like :(

@PumpkinGirl I see you've enjoyed and would like the forum being on focus more :relaxed: although I havent been able to get round to it right now, I would like to keep adding what you've said too :smile:

and @T_T thanks for joining in :smile: (even though you might not see this reply :cry:) I know that this has been a focus for you as well.

and hi @Rawrbear :slight_smile: I see you think we'd all benefit from separating categories, and illustrating with photos too!

Just quick messages :blush: even though there is more that I would like to do (including adding everything that you've all said).

and @lollypopcorn and @treefrogstudios I can really see you've been trying to respond calmly, just in general :blush: it can be really hard.

aand thanks @Sweetlina, @UnderagedCoder1 and @JonnyGamer for the edits! :smiley:

There's much I would like to add for everyone; it is night here now though :sleeping: