Osu! for hopscotch! (Applications open!)

Hi! So for a while I’ve been obsessed with the game osu!, and I was thinking or making it in hopscotch! I’ll go ahead and make it into a collab if there’s enough demand for it. (Basically, let me know if you’d like to see this as a collab and I’ll make it one)

I’ll keep the topic updated, with things that need to be worked on, and new game releases.

IF I DO MAKE IT A COLLAB, THERE WILL ONLY BE A FEW SPOTS. The team doesn’t need a ton of people that will just end up dropping out.

So that’s all so far, bye!

Edit: Ok ok I decided it’s just gonna be a collab, I’m gonna work out the details and get back to y’all.

APPLICATIONS:

Applications are now open, so here they are. I’m only taking 3 people, and only very experienced coders.

Developer: Tasked with handling the main functions of the game, such as menus, gameplay, and settings.

Designer: Tasked with making the user experience much better. Will mostly focus on making menus more friendly, and creating the layout of the levels.

Composer: Self explanatory, creates the menu music and gameplay music.

If you would like to join, let me know what role you would like, how long you’ve been coding, and using hopscotch, and give me a project that reflects your skills very well.

You will also need some basic knowledge of what osu! is.

I hope to see a few applications!

APPLICANTS:
@swca - Developer
@Jojo - Developer
@Rodrik834 - Designer
@Legendary_myth - Designer
@anon23813088 - Music

8 Likes

I’ve never played this game…

6 Likes

I’ve never heard of Osu. Do you mind explaining what it is?

4 Likes

It’s a rhythm game. Rings will close in on circles, and you click it when the ring is touching the circle. It sounds simple but it can get really complex.

8 Likes

bump

3 Likes

I think a collab for this game would be fun

4 Likes

Ehhh… the poll is really split. I really don’t know what to do.

5 Likes

Well it is your game idea so what do you prefer?

3 Likes

Maybe the people who voted No Collab thought voting that meant they didn’t want to collab on this project? (That’s what I thought at least lol)

4 Likes

Huh maybe. I guess I’ll make it a collab, I’ll have to work out the details though.

2 Likes

DO IT, JUST DO IT!- Shia LaBeouf

2 Likes

Can I be first to join the collab?

2 Likes

Yeah, I think at max it’ll have 3 other people. 1 for coding, 1 for design, and 1 for music.

Edit: I can help with coding and design, but I can’t do music at all since I’m pretty bad at composing in HS lol.

1 Like

I can’t do music but I’m also happy with code and design. If two other people join they can suggest what they’d like to do and I’ll do the other thing.

3 Likes

I’ll help with everything, but @anon23813088 is probably the best for music.

3 Likes

that’s what I was thinking haha!

3 Likes

I’ve seen gameplay of Osu, seems pretty hard
Good luck!

1 Like

Yeah I guess it’s hard to start out playing it

Lol yes

And thanks @Silverdolphin

2 Likes

Update: Let me know if you would like to be on the project!

I’m taking 3 people:

One developer
Tasked with handling the main functions of the game, such as menus, gameplay, and settings.

One designer
Tasked with making the user experience much better. Will mostly focus on making menus more friendly, and creating the layout of the levels.

One music composer
Self explanatory, creates the menu music and gameplay music.

We will have 1 limitation with the project. Unless someone can support us by purchasing the subscription, we’re just going to have to work with the built in objects. This may not be too big of a problem, but it is a limitation.

I will be taking applications very soon.

2 Likes