Online hopscotch games

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is server blocks so people could play online with multiple devices. For this, we could have a new block called server blocks. So here are my blocks:
-Create server
-Find server
-make server name
-join (server name)
So yea those are my requests. Ty for listening!

10 Likes

awesome_e has made an unofficial online multiplayer thing, which can only run on his custom player

8 Likes

Hello,

This is a great suggestion!
Although we kinda already have this, Ae made a little feature for the web explorer. Someone else can explain it in another topic.

6 Likes

This would be really awesome! I’ve wanted it for soooo long! Unfortunately, people could also abuse this feature, like it could be possible to create an unsupervised online chat, so it may not be exactly the best idea.

7 Likes

no, not with the suggested blocks

5 Likes

Oh, I just assumed cause you wouldn’t really be able to do a lot with just those blocks

6 Likes

just thought of this: we’ll need cloud/global/international/whatever variable to play online, so yes, there’s pCof

this topic is kinda dead then

4 Likes

Ok yea I guess so I just made the idea on the spot so it’s not great but It’s like a suggestion

4 Likes

Honestly, I would still like to see this idea (I think it’s been suggested many times though). Even if there was some sort of warning prompt and parent approval required, and every multiplayer-supported project had to be approved and made by a subscriber.

It’s a GameChanger feature idea that I don’t think we should be so fast to reject, and I really do want to see something that can increase the popularity of Hopscotch, especially when the numbers are not as good as previous years.

Maybe even something like the seed block rollout, but also a system that can log any text that’s being sent through the system. Even if it doesn’t end up working, it would be a great learning experience.

8 Likes

That’s a great idea!

3 Likes

I’m all for this, I’d love to see multiplayer or just global data in general. A seed rollout style introduction would be pretty cool, that way we could see what we all come up with in a relatively less risky environment.
additionally: a way to simulate a second instance of the app as a theoretical second user while coding with global variables would be sick! It would probably be difficult from a coding standpoint but immensely helpful to actually make sure the code works.

5 Likes

Well you could do that with server variables

4 Likes
2 Likes

I agree (10 characters)