Online Connect Four Tournament - Fall 2022

Cool!

2 Likes

hello, judges! You guys volunteered to do an extra job, thank you so much! during the tournament, people will “battle” and someone will approuve that. Therefore, your job is simply spectate a round and screen record it. Then, you simply send me your screen recording via https://catbox.moe. If possible, consider compressing your video using VEED - Create, Edit & Share Videos Online for free.

Small note: when you play a round, you are not a judge. You should ask someone else to spectate and screen record you.

ah yes, if you judge at least one or two rounds (will decide later), you will have an extra 40% of your seeds awarded during the tournament!

To everyone: if you encountered a bug during a round, it is not to a judge to decide whether that round is eligible or not. It’s my job to decide if you should re-round or not. thank you :)

7 Likes

Your welcome Tri-Sir

Best of luck to everyone!
And may the odds be ever in your favor.

2 Likes

youre not a judge? /conf

edit: ah ok, thx lol

2 Likes

It just manner to say your welcome

No one ever says “your welcome” around here lol

3 Likes

Hello, everybody! Today is the day everybody waited for! Round one starts right now, and will end at 2022-09-28T22:00:00Z. This gives you 5 days to meet with your opponent and fix a time to play a round.

I suggest y’all to fix a time like so:
→ User 1: Hey, I’m available between 2022-09-24T18:00:00Z and 2022-09-24T23:00:00Z.
→ User 2: Okay, I’ll fix 2022-09-24T19:00:00Z, 2022-09-24T21:00:00Z and 2022-09-24T22:00:00Z, just in case we miss the first and second times. Does that work for you?
→ User 1: Yes, perfect, see ya!
Of course, if both users are online while writing this, play a round right now!

How many times do we play with our opponent in total?

1 or 3. 1 would be a decisive game, and 3 would be a “first to hit 2 wins wins this round”. It’s up to you and your opponent to make a consensus on what type of game you wanna play.

Do we need a judge to spectate our game?

Yes, and you mustn’t put any piece as long as the judge hasn’t a chance to join your room. If you are playing and even if you are an official judge, you must call another judge to spectate your round.

I experimented a “double-pieces” bug. What do I do?

Screenshot that, put a “GTG”! in QuickChat and leave the room. Then, go to this topic and explain what you had with a screenshot. And then you can rematch! ← this bug only happens when the game just started, so rematch is fine.

I won round 1, can I play round 2 with my next opponent in advance?

Yes, I let everybody play the next round in advance one day before the current round ends. If you play before, say today, your game will not count.

Unfortunately I was unable to play a round with my opponent. What do I do?

If your opponent hasn’t been online [1] during this round, you automatically go to the next round. If you both have been online, I give an extra 12 hours, but unfortunately if you both still can’t fix a time, you both cannot move forward in the tournament. :(

More qna may appear!

Participants

@Cutelittlepuppydog @Bobinny @Nobody @RoadOcean @DogIcing @moocow @Liquid @Dragongirl1264 @FearlessPhoenix @Dolphin_Blast @DaughterOfHecate @Heracc @koiphish @SEPIA @CB_Studios @Slothy @DogIcing @Henry

1. I’m talking about posts, not just “last time seen”. Email messages do not count. ↩︎

8 Likes

train, @/Liquid is suspended, what should I do?

3 Likes

@liquid should be able to play in a private browsing mode, and they should not add @ anywhere in their username (considered as email adress by the PI filter)

3 Likes

ok
but how am i supposed to arrange a time?

3 Likes

an example

3 Likes

well yeah, but how will i know if they can make it if they can’t respond?

3 Likes
4 Likes

okay thanks :))

(sorry i read that but didnt know if it applied to this specifically, that was dum on my part)

4 Likes

no worries :))

@Participants, just so you know i’m also a judge. Unless i’m eating, i’m sleeping or i went to a clinic, I’m 100% available. Leave me a tag and I’ll receive a notification on my iPad, and I’ll get online within a minute :))

(only applies for the weekend. unable to judge during school)

8 Likes

@DogIcing, I am not available now but maybe at 2022-09-24T20:00:00Z I can play.

3 Likes

i suggest using the time button because there are multiple timezones

2 Likes

Hey @Heracc! You know when you’ll be able to play?

4 Likes

I’ll be checking this topic frequently throughout the day—so if anyone wants me to spectate/judge a round, give me a tag!

4 Likes

hey @koiphish, do you have any specific time you’d like to play?

3 Likes

@DogIcing you on? my plans got canceled so I am free now.

Starting Tuesday my time will be 2022-09-24T22:00:00Z or 2022-09-24T11:00:00Z
But I will let you know my time changes

3 Likes