Online Connect 4's Official Maintenance + Update Topic

Online Connect 4’s official maintenance update topic

Because editing a project using ae’s blocks is complicated (you need to edit inside the draft and test the project out of it), during maintenances I will temporarily deny access to everyone except me. This topic keeps you track of when a maintenance starts and approximately when it ends. You will also know when you can play Online Connect 4 again and what are the new changes in the new version.

Keep track of maintenances
  • I’d like to be tagged when I publish an alert that in a few hours the game will be down
  • I’d like to be tagged the exact moment when the project will be down
  • I’d like to be tagged when we can play the project again (so the maintenance is finished)

0 voters

@Rectangle sorry for the second tag in a day - i only tag when i need to, no worries haha :steam_locomotive:

20 Likes

Please note this topic is not where you ask to play Online Connect 4. YCTAHH is a better place to do that :)

good question! they can both be here and on yctahh!

6 Likes

Cool game

(Should requests to play go in the YCTAYHCH)

7 Likes

@Gynn Play This now!

8 Likes

Cool game!

4 Likes

Sorry if this isn’t supposed to go here, but when I try to join a game, it always says “room doesn’t exist” or something @Tri-Angle

1 Like

yep, it’s normal:

ah oops i forgot to say under automatically entered code, that also happens when someone creates a room and then leave the browser/game

2 Likes

It happens when it says “person has no opponent, would you like to join?”

1 Like

yes, that’s an automatically entered code, and if you cannot join room there are two possible reason:

1. The host has left the game and is no longer online. I have absolutely no way to detect that so no way to fix that
  2. Ae’s room id sometimes accidentally provides a seven (instead of six) digital code and i’m too lazy to adapt my algorithm to that bug
4 Likes

Ok thanks!

1 Like

Usually what’s supposed to happen is when the host leaves, their room is destroyed in 30 seconds, but it’s been a while since I’ve updated the multiplayer thing

5 Likes

yes but however i have no way to detect if a room still exist :((

3 Likes

OCF will down for a few minutes today

2022-08-18T01:00:00Z2022-08-18T01:15:00Z

Changes I will bring:
→ Lowering the chances that the “Who’s Online?” feature glitch out
→ Quickly reordering the leaderboard
→ Fixing the “Playing with 0” bug
→ You will no longer need to open/close QuickChat each time there’s a message

(Inappropriate username update is not planed to be in this update - in fact, i’m still thinking of a efficient way to correctly regex check them)

During maintenances, you will not be able to play OCF - your access will be denied to be everybody, except me, to prevent ae’s variable code modification. Please do not even try to get in - you’ll be able to play again very soon, just be a little bit patient!

Thank you for your comprehension! :D

12 Likes

I can give you a RegEx I had for my CTF project that I haven’t touched in forever. And if you need to catch things like swear words, there is a way of “encoding” them so they’re not shown in the code

4 Likes

with an inappropriate word filter, wouldn’t those words show themselves in the code?

6 Likes

No, not necessarily

5 Likes

That could be useful for tick tack toe, could you share it?

4 Likes

if i “inject” the inappropriate words inside a global variable, nop

omg tysm!! that’ll help me a lot :D

so basically “inject” the string into your global variable and then use it to do the regex? or you mean a more efficient way?

4 Likes

:warning: OCF is down!!

2022-08-18T01:00:00Z2022-08-18T01:15:00Z

Please do not play while I’m updating the project. Thank you for your patience!

8 Likes

OCF is updated :smiley:

You can know play OCF again! I’m sorry that this took much longer than expected - design is always a problem for me, and i took too much time on redesigning how QuickChat looks like.

Visible changes brought in this new version:
→ You will no longer need to open/close QuickChat each time there’s a message! QuickChat is directly next to your Connect Four game.
→ Changed the text “Top Players” to “Leaderboard” on main page

Bug fixes:
→ Lowered the chances that the “Who’s Online?” feature glitch out
→ Fixed the “Playing with 0” bug

Leaderboard update:
→ Quickly reordered the leaderboard. This week’s top 5 players has been noted down; they will be able to participate in the biannual Online Connect Four Tournament! :tada:

13 Likes