Older projects which use trails play weirdly in web browsers

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: image

What kind of device are you using?:

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): Older projects using trails do not work in the web browser.

Steps to make the problem happen:

1. Open a project which draws trails with the move with trail block instead of the draw a trail block in a web browser
  2. Trails do not draw
    ….

I expected this to happen:
Trails would draw
But instead this happened:
The older block for drawing trails does nothing
Here’s a sweet screenshot:
In the app vs in the Web browser

The trails which are broken were all drawn like this:

First Comment!!! Also Really interesting! I like this type of stuff. :wink:

Weird. I hope that THT can take a look at this as soon as possible.

I think a different device has different delays so if the trail art is made with delays mistakes happen. Use variables to get precise timing.

That might be a reason and it might also be hard for THT to fix if that is the case. It’s often easier to work with wait-blocks.

Yup, also it depends on the performance of the device and the FPS of the project.

No, the trails do not draw at all. The old move with trail block doesn’t work. I looked into it and it doesn’t work in the app if you add it into a project which uses the webplayer.

No, it isn’t, because wait blocks are what usually introduces timing errors. All other blocks, including movement blocks, are independent on the framerate for how much they do during 1 frame.

Yep, correct. For bigger projects, you should definitely go with variables. And it´s not that much harder when you think about it.