Old projects are broken because every block was replaced with move forward

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): Older projects have only move forward and repeat blocks.

Steps to make the problem happen:

1. Make a project about four years ago
  2. Wait four years
    ….

I expected this to happen: The project would be how I made it

But instead this happened: It’s all move forward blocks, but the parameters have different keys.

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

Ohh… that’s weird.
I opened some of my old projects and they were fine. Ones in my drafts and ones I’ve published.
Maybe it’s just you? Because my projects are fine (granted, I didn’t check any of my super super old ones)

Well this seems like a pretty big deal.
@Ana @Liza @awesomeonion @Rodrigo

Sorry! I don’t think I can get it back for you, unfortunately. I’m impressed by how old that project is though. Maybe it was even created before we had a community?

Maybe.
It wouldn’t be difficult to get it back manually, it’s just a recent change I noticed.

When was the community added? This project was early June 2014.

@awesomeonion

This project from less than a year ago has also been broken by some recent change.

The linked project is one that was published and featured, but all I get now are black pixels, because many of the rules are missing:

I have the latest Hopscotch version that is available for iOS 7 devices. If you would like to I could do some tests with that app version and see if this bug also affects me.

Yes, please let me know if you have the same issue. For what it’s worth, the project still works fine on the web.