Oio's name? How do you say it?

help
howtos

I was wondering how do you say @oio name also what does it mean or did he just put it like that? I say it like this...
oi oh

I say it like o e o ( say the letters as they are)

Here is a quote from him when asked the same question:

'I'm not very good with user names. I just had to make something up. I like numbers and simple shapes, but... "010" seemed duplicitous."

So it seems there is no right or wrong way.

I say o eye o
(or Ohio :wink:)

Oh ok but i was just wondering about it

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I say it like "Oi! Yo!". (Oi yo)

Haha I do too o e o 2

I added the off-topic tag. :wink:

Yeah, no problem! I should be a moderator :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ok thank you @Rawrbear

I kinda say it like that goo

Off-topic category

Yes, this is seemingly "off-topic" I would agree... but I may be able to bring it back. First of all, I am not sure you do say "oio". I mean, I just type it. Would one pronounce it like a two-year-old trying to say the name of a cookie? Sure. I guess. That works. But there might be a better question...

Rather than a pronunciation, you might click on this for an explanation that can be brought back to Hopscotch...

There is a circle. "o". It can be thought of as a letter or as a symbol for completeness. Something infinite and whole. One possible future universe. There is a lower-case letter "i". It can be a reminder that i am small and often stuck in the middle by choice. There is a second circle. A second "o", apparently identical to the first, in all ways, except for one. Left? or Right? It can be thought of as a second possible future universe. Where the two futures otherwise appear identical, the job of the little "i" (you or me) is to choose between them, or to somehow fuse them into one, in order for the future to be made.

How is that possibly related to Hopscotch? It is up to us to decide what we are going to do in the infinite cycle (circle) of learning, coding, sharing, and, again, learning and so on. I decide. You decide. It's very much like the symbolism of the name "HOPSCOTCH" itself, according to its creators - "You have to build it, before you play it." When you decide what you are going to do, how you are going to do it and, very importantly, why you are doing it, you are potentially choosing between future universes for yourself. See?

The other thing I think is neat about the name "HOPSCOTCH" is that, in that game, you make progress in leaps, just like is very often the case in learning. You work and work, and then, suddenly, you make a leap forward. Was that intended by the creators? I don't know.

Is that answer Ok? If so, good. Or you can make-up your own. Almost every single one of my simple projects contains a question or invitation to remix, to do more, to do something better. So it is here. Is there a point? That remains to be seen. I am not sure. I am just "oio". When you feel confused and in the middle, with a choice to make, so are you.

And if not... alas, you could just accept the answer that these keys "o", "i" and "o", were adjacent on a QWERTY keyboard, and i was feeling lazy, on the day i downloaded Hopscotch. :sunglasses:

I say oy o, that was always how I read it.

Can't like for five more hours so here's a :heart:

Oio is pronounced: Ee-loom-i-not-Ee

I pronounce it Oh-Eye-Oh

I pronounce it like oreo with no r