Official Update Topic for Kahoot!

THATS AMAZING!!
when your done I’m gonna plant it 3 times

4 Likes

thank you so much for the nice words and the nice reply badge everybody!! :D /g-touched

Update 10/23/22 #1

→ Timer finally works (and it’s independent of the fps - it uses “time” variable)
→ The rectangles now also displays the multiple choice answers
→ Added animation for wrong/correct answer
→ Added code compiling the score depending on whether the player successfully answered the question or not

That was surprisingly a ton longer to code than expected o.O but the good thing is that i finished that part! :sweat_smile: planning to code the scoreboard tonight and finish it tomorrow, and i’m 99% done.

Tags (all updates):
@Bobinny, @Cutelittlepuppydog, @Dragongirl1264, @CreativePenguin, @RoadOcean, @Nobody, @Limon, @creationsofavillager, @aadenboy, @Innerpanda, @ExplodingDucks, @GweTV, @FearlessPhoenix, @Cutedogs1Forum, @rAyyy, @Octo-Pi, @MooseCat, @Mouldycheese8, @moocow, @894, @InTheStars, @SilverSong, @PM_Studios, @braynee202

14 Likes

new assets :eyes: (button and title’s white rectangle)

edit: woash, we can barely see the button’s details on the compressed image - evil system >:(
you can click on the pic to see the original image (and the detail on the button i drew)

e2: i just noticed i wrote “an blue impasta” :person_facepalming:

12 Likes

Opdate 10/24/22 #1

Minor changes brought yesterday:
→ Imported button and title bg assets

Today’s changes:
→ Fixed an issue where the code does not load the kahoot
→ Fixed an issue where the title is not aligned to center [1]
→ “Continue” menu + animation :arrow_up: with it
→ Timer now fades away instead of staying there in a circle
→ Animation :arrow_left:
→ Fake leaderboard (will make it work in a few days)
SUCCESSFULLY LOOPED THE KAHOOT! basically in other words it can display multiple questions with no issue at all
→ Multiple small, boring and energy-consuming UI changes due to the fact i made the kahoot run in loops

those changes arent a lot but im sure i doubled the entire code length today lol (scene 2)

Tags (all updates):
@Bobinny, @Cutelittlepuppydog, @Dragongirl1264, @CreativePenguin, @RoadOcean, @Nobody, @Limon, @creationsofavillager, @aadenboy, @Innerpanda, @ExplodingDucks, @GweTV, @FearlessPhoenix, @Cutedogs1Forum, @rAyyy, @Octo-Pi, @MooseCat, @Mouldycheese8, @moocow, @894, @InTheStars, @SilverSong, @PM_Studios, @braynee202, @StarlightStudios

Tags (medium+):
@C.H.Rissole, @SEPIA

1. and yup, that’s hard to fix, because the title is made of three objects cuz hopscotch randomly breaks line ↩︎

19 Likes

It’s a little hard to see the time down there (I’d move it to a similar position to where the actual Kahoot puts it: larger on left side of question). Other than that, this looks pretty cool!

7 Likes

awesome!

those names though :joy:
beluga is here

6 Likes

yea i agree, i’ll very prob do that after the leaderboard thing :+1: (so i can make sure i can publish the game in time for the contest)

however jsyk in the app kahoot, the timer is below, there where i put

i think the timer is only to the left of the question when it’s in editing mode

and thank you :D

thank you:)

bc i ran out of ideas loll

8 Likes

Oh wait what. They definitely changed that for the worse. It used to be left of the image in its own circle that was bigger

7 Likes

bot_e

“ain’t no bot_e got time for answering questions”
-that bot, evidently

7 Likes

wow, honestly your kahoot looks better than the real one lol

5 Likes

no this is not true lol /lh /srs

5 Likes

what do you mean? how can it not be true? /lh /srs

5 Likes

well I kinda feel like the real kahoot has had more time in development to make not just hours /lh

5 Likes

true

but trains does look cleaner

4 Likes

could you stop tagging me please, I’m a little inactive so yeah sorry

3 Likes

i know you said i shouldn’t, but i couldn’t help myself and i’ve already started making the lobby theme
[it’s going really well, and the corn song is now a dumpster fire i haven’t touched in a week]

5 Likes

oh no-

the entire draft just vanished

4 Likes

i’m sure if i add up the time i spend on this project it’d be 48-72 hours

stay turned for 2022-10-31T21:00:00Z guys (lets just ignore the filter thing lol). i was gonna publish an update post here but i thought of “you know what, i’ll release the project tomorrow, let’s not spoil anything rn :D”

5 Likes

v1 is published! v1.1 will appear in about 2 days. happy halloween!

Tags (all updates):
@Bobinny, @Cutelittlepuppydog, @Dragongirl1264, @CreativePenguin, @RoadOcean, @Nobody, @Limon, @creationsofavillager, @aadenboy, @Innerpanda, @ExplodingDucks, @GweTV, @FearlessPhoenix, @Cutedogs1Forum, @rAyyy, @Octo-Pi, @MooseCat, @Mouldycheese8, @moocow, @894, @InTheStars, @SilverSong, @PM_Studios, @braynee202, @StarlightStudios

Tags (medium+):
@C.H.Rissole, @SEPIA

15 Likes

Amazing project!! I don’t like how all the animations are linear though…

4 Likes