[Official] Summer 2021 Hopolympics Competition

Austraila I can’t spelllll

2 Likes

Hi! No, as others said already, HopBytes are not transferable.

4 Likes

The reason why you can’t trade the seeds back is because you could possibly increase the seeds if your HopBytes are not a multiple of 10.

3 Likes

Am I allowed to code only a part of the sport? I’d like to code a free kick for soccer/football.

2 Likes

as long as you theme it appropriately around the sport, trust your judgment!

we’ll make our rubrics available soon but even still, get creative

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [OFFICIAL] The Hopbyte Topic!

Awesome!! Hopefully I’ll finish a project or two for this :kangaroo::kangaroo::kangaroo:

Also, what does choosing a country/team do? Is there any form of leaderboard like last year, or can you only collaborate with people in your team/country, or…? Basically what does being in a country/team entail and does it have any practical effect.
(By the way, I haven’t been able to get the hopscotch project that announces the hopolympics to load, so if these questions are answered there, I’m very sorry!)

6 Likes

sounds awesome! cant wait to see them :))

this year, they don’t have any value like last time in that the countries themselves aren’t parameters you have to work within. however, if you do choose a country and theme your project around it and add country-specific. easter eggs, you can get a fair bit of bonus points on our judging rubric

7 Likes

Cool!! Thanks for the explanation/clarification - I really appreciate it : )

6 Likes

no problem, happy to help! :))

7 Likes

Wdym choose a country?

4 Likes

Thank you and it does make sense

4 Likes

an optional coding challenge is picking any competing country and, in addition to the country-pfp hopbyte challenge, incorporating that into your project

the table above shows different ways you can earn prizes for doing so, both in hopbytes and bonus rubric points

8 Likes

Hi, I’m Rainbella Donut!! I also have a question: how do you link your project in this topic??

7 Likes

hey there - just poked you to a topic that should help explain!

4 Likes

welcome rainbella! amazing to see you here :sunny:

if you click the reply button and enter the menu where you can start typing a post, youll see a button that looks like this: </>
if you click that and paste in the link, a leader can edit the post and remove the formatting so that it displays as a clickable link :))

hope this helps! feel free to tag me (type @FearlessPhoenix) if you need anything else.
cant wait to see your project!

6 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!!!

3 Likes

Wrong topic and a little late

3 Likes

Oops right

4 Likes

@FearlessPhoenix thankyou!!
@FearlessPhoenix thankyou to you, too!!
It really helped me!!

2 Likes