Welcome Hopscotchers to a new world!
Ever wanted to travel through space and to different planets? Well now is your chance! Create your own adventure with your character, create epic levels or scenes, and bring the planets to life.
Hold up! There is a bump in the road:
- Must include some type of physics like gravity (Hint: Gravity is weaker on different planets which is why people float in space and can jump higher on the moon! )
- The project must be an adventure game including the overall theme of the project itself. Make sure your theme is consistent throughout!
Your typical adventure games usually have a goal. This goal could be to get back something that was taken from you or just simply on a mission to save the world. You could create a choice based game or simply just a linear experience. Other than the rules listed above, you choose how your adventure is taken!
Feeling lost? Check out these tutorials and use them as jumping-off points!
Go to “Learn” tab located at the bottom of your screen in Hopscotch.
- For tips on implementing gravity, check out “Physics Engine” under the “Science” unit.
- For tips on how to make an adventure game that explores an area, check out “Control Pad” under the “Game Components” unit.
Announcement project: #SpaceAdventure Challenge by TheCMStudios⚡️
Friday, May 21, 2021 at 5:00 PM EST.
How to Submit
Include the hashtag #SpaceAdventure in your project title to enter the challenge.
Community Voted Prizes
- Hopscotch’s Most Planted: 100 seeds
- Hopscotch’s Most Liked: 100 seeds
Hopscotch Team and Community Leaders Judged Prizes
- First Place: 100 seeds
- Second Place: 70 seeds
- Third Place: 50 seeds