[Official] Seeds, Plants, Likes, Follows Requests

Hey there,

You can now request plants, seeds, likes, and followers:
1. On this topic
2. In any Hopscotcher-started competition/event topic that involves a prize if the starter of the event is okay with you asking for plants related to that event.

• For example, If user Unicorn123 started a topic called “Drawing Contest,” and in that contest, the highest liked project gets 10 plants from Unicorn123. Then Unicorn123 can specify if you can ask people to like your project on that topic or not. If yes, then you can request; if no, then you cannot request.
  • But you cannot go to someone else’s competition page to ask for likes there. It has to stay within the same topic.

:white_check_mark::white_check_mark:What you can do:

• :white_check_mark:Ask for seeds, plants, likes, follows in this topic below no more than once a day and no more than 3 times a week.
    • Do not post on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. This creates spammy posts!
  • Examples of things you can say:
    • :white_check_mark:“Hey everyone, here is my project, and please give me a plant!”
    • :white_check_mark:“Can someone give me some seeds so I can buy Custom Art for my project?”
    • :white_check_mark:“Hey can someone follow me on Hopscotch? Here is my username, and I will follow you back too!”
    • :white_check_mark:“Can someone make me a profile picture? I will give you a plant.”
    • :white_check_mark:“Can someone help me debug this project? I will give you a plant.”

:x::x::x:What you cannot do:

• :x:You cannot ask for seeds, plants, likes, follows in any topics that are not specified. For example:

• You cannot ask for seeds, plants, likes, follows in the “You Can Talk About Your Hopscotch Coding Here [OFFICIAL] topic
  • :x:You cannot ask for seeds, plants, likes, or follows more than once a day or more than 3 times a week. Your post will be deleted and you will receive a community warning.

• This means if you have posted on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to ask for seeds, and if you post again in that same week, your post will be deleted and you will get a community warning for spamming.
  • :x:This is the dedicated space for people to ask for plants, seeds, likes, and follows. We want everyone to feel comfortable putting themselves out there. The examples below can hurt people’s feelings even if you intended it differently. Examples of things you should avoid saying:

• “You’re always asking for plants/seeds/likes/follows”
    • “Nobody ever likes your/my/anyone’s projects”
    • “You’re annoying”

FAQ

• What would happen if someone keeps posting requests on my event even though I specify that my event does not allow that?

• Flag the post and we will contact the user. Do not get into an argument!
  • Can I post on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday?

• No. This is a corner case that would cause spams.
  • I’m excited to start a competition that involves seeds, will Hopscotch help me to give my participants seeds?

• I thought this isn’t allowed, why are you allowing this now?

• Times change - we have seen our community members wanting this feature for a while, so we decided to give it a try! The rules we made would make sure that we can run it smoothly.
40 Likes

Oh cool!
first post!

6 Likes

Very neat!
I need a new pfp, so if anyone’s willing to make me one, I’ll pay two plants and if the person is a seed dev then any extra seeds I have left over.
No requirements, just draw/code what you think I’d like!

7 Likes

I can draw you a pfp, @Andpi

6 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I don’t even know what I want…

5 Likes

Can you ask for plants on someone else’s project?

9 Likes

You can ask on behalf for someone else, but you still would need to follow the once per day and 3 times per week rule!

16 Likes

Okay!

5 Likes

Can some make me a profile picture?

I’ll pay 4 plants and some likes!

10 Likes

Ok I will just tell me the things I should add

3 Likes

oo cool new topic.

so now we can beg for seeds? /hj

4 Likes

No don’t u dare beg u seedz

2 Likes

Can I have seeds for once?

2 Likes

Didn’t I give you 100 or was that someone else?

2 Likes

You gave her 100

2 Likes

Can you ask for seeds, plants, likes or follows in the game itself, like built in. For example

In the corner, it says, Remember to Plant, Like or Follow! Unless if you don’t want o of course

4 Likes

I’ll draw you one if you don’t mind

2 Likes

You mean in a Hopscotch game?

4 Likes

only seed devs are able to request seeds atm right?

1 Like