[OFFICIAL] New Users Guide For The Hopscotch Forum

New User Guide To The Hopscotch Forum

Hello new user! This is the Hopscotch Forum, a place to talk about coding and Hopscotch! This post is an in-depth guide to help you get started here! This post will be split up into sections, if you want to learn more about one thing go to that section, or if you are squeaky clean new, read through them all in order!

Forum Basics

Hopscotch Forum 101 - all the information you need about forum categories
How To Create A Post - a guide on how to create a post to start interesting discussions
Community Guidelines - the rules that everyone needs to follow on here - please read these!
Your Community Leaders - information about what the leaders on here do
What Are User Trust Levels? - a guide about user trust levels
How To Report Potentially Innapropriate Content- Useful if you see a suspicous post or comment

Discussion on The Forum

What Is The Point Of Having Multiple Topics? - A continuation to Hopscotch Forum 101
Where Should I Put My OA(Original Artwork)? - Useful if you want to know where and how to post your art!
What Topics Are Permitted On The Hopscotch Forum? - Coming Soon!

Regular’s Guide To The Hopscotch Forum

This section is only available to users who are Regulars. Please follow this link to get to this portion of the guide:

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/official-regular-s-guide-to-the-hopscotch-forum/51519

If you want to become a Regular, here is a list of requirements:
How Do I Become A Regular? - A list of requirements on how to become a Regular

Fantastic Badges And Where To Find Them

Coming Soon with update v1.2!

More sections coming soon!

@omtl

28 Likes
Welcome Guide For New Users!
Weigh in: How the forum can best achieve its purpose? 🤖
Just talking about hopscotch and stuff
Checkers game I posted
Must Read for New Users!
pinned #3

Nice! That’s a lot of links to look at

6 Likes

Cool!
I bet this’ll help new users!

6 Likes

Yeah I also believe that! Oh and if you are new use this as your pfp plz!

Sorry if you consider this as spam…

7 Likes

I got you the nice topic badge

4 Likes

Nice topic. I think this will be very helpful for keeping “I’m new, what do I do?” topics from clogging up the forum

5 Likes

Could you link @tankt2016’s New User Guide? Or do you think this topic covers all of that and could fully replace it? Currently, tankt’s guide is informative and is my go to link, so I think it’d be nice to include it because it is a very similar concept to this topic

5 Likes

This is cool! Even though I’ve been on for a while, it’s still cool to go through. Also, recommendation: if it’s possible to pin this topic to the categories section at the top of all the categories or smth, that would help many new users as it would be easy to find and access.

3 Likes

We already have tons of pinned topics…in the future we may have an automatic message send new users to this topic. Thanks for the suggestion though!

4 Likes

That’s a good idea. Also, the auto message from Lisa that you get after being put up to basic trust, perhaps you could edit that and add a link to this topic?

3 Likes

I would have to discuss it with Ana. I am very tired right now, though, and the construction of this topic has been put on halt because my post was put in pending

4 Likes

You could also link @HopscotchRemixer the NewComer Lounge And Safe Place

3 Likes

This will be really helpful for new users!

3 Likes

Added new section temporarily, this announcement will go away on April 9th

5 Likes

New Sections Announcement!

Later this month I will be adding a few new sections to the new users guide!

Those sections include:

• Regular Duties
  • Badges
  • A secret category, tba!
8 Likes

BUMP

4 Likes

Double BUMP

3 Likes

Someone here knows how to use regular?

3 Likes

Please reveal the new category i am so excited!
@HopscotchRemixer

3 Likes
Infinity bounce