[Official] Mega Summer Camp 2019

Lol that’s what Jr high did to me

3 Likes

Great XD we’ll be in junior high this year

2 Likes

Lol first year isn’t bad, most of the soul shredding was by my deamon of an English teacher. And no, it’s not an understatement lol. I’m going into high school next year, hopefully it will go better

2 Likes

Y’all might wanna GBOT ;))

5 Likes

Yep guys, challenges here and talk on the GDT! I´d really like you to continue discussion our topics, but if it is starting to go off topic, tag each other on the GDT and continue your discussion!

I would also like to be tagged if you continue your conversation outside this topic :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@MegaSCamp After a little break, we have another forum challenge and it is based around understanding the Community Guidelines.

Read through that topic again and try to answer these questions as good as you can! It will make both you and others understand the guidelines (hopefully better). Perhaps some people view it differently than others?

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY LEADERSHIP ON THE FORUM AND IS NOT A FEEDBACK FORM. This is just my interest and that is why I am doing this activity.

1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how understandable do you think the Community Guidelines are? Do you find them clear, somewhat clear or unclear? And why?

2. Why is it dangerous to do CoF? Do you think so? Why/why not?

3. If you were granted the role to add and/or remove things in the guidelines, what would you remove and/or add?

Please note: If this turns into a debate or flame war, I will end this activity and temporarily close this topic.

8 Likes
  1. 9, super clear. Only thing is, I’d love it if there was slightly more specific info as to which outside coding sites are allowed and which aren’t. Would just make moderation a tad easier to have a list to refer to rather than tag Ana every time a new site was brought up

2. I think I’ve explained this more than enough times :sweat_smile:. I’m gonna take a pass on doing so again. But in short, yes it’s very dangerous and bad.

3. I’d probably add in the “all other languages need an English translation” rule. Cuz it exists and is enforced but isn’t written in the guidelines specifically . I’d also maybe add the list I mentioned in my re to Q1

6 Likes

1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how understandable do you think the Community Guidelines are? Do you find them clear, somewhat clear or unclear? And why? 10. I find them super clear, it isn’t worded fancy and is straightforward, making it easy to understand.

2. Why is it dangerous to do CoF? Do you think so? Why/why not? It’s dangerous bc no one knows what you’re doing on there. You could be bullying, or sharing PI.

3. If you were granted the role to add and/or remove things in the guidelines, what would you remove and/or add? I would add what Fea said-the languages rule.

5 Likes

1. 8. The rules are clear, but I would like some more explanations! It’s nice to have straight rules to rely on

2. I think it is dangerous. It’s basically a dark place for negativity. Think of this as a safe home, and we have “police”, or rules against rude stuff and etc. You’re basically, ignoring the police’s rules to not go out at night, and a criminal takes you home. No the criminal had access to you

3. Lol, the languages rule! I would also add to stay on topic.

3 Likes

@MegaSCamp Your decision!

• I will be able to do a forum-related activity or two before the Summer Contest is over
  • I will not be able to do a forum-related activity or two before the Summer Contest is over

0 voters

After the contest, we will go over to Hopscotch again and have a team challenge!

7 Likes

@MegaSCamp
It´s just one day left on the summer contest, but I think we have time for a short overnight challenge!
Unfortunately, it is Regulars only :frowning:
You regs have gotten a tag from me in the topic where the challenge takes place.
For everyone else, see you in a day or two, when I will be making teams for the upcoming team challenge!

6 Likes

Hey William!
It appears I thought I was in the Mega camp? And I’m a regular, so why wasn’t
I tagged?

3 Likes

Weird. You should have gotten tagged. Check again!

3 Likes

Can I join even though I’m kind of late?

3 Likes

Sure! Welcome in. I added you to the group @ MegaSCamp so you will be tagged every time there is a new challenge or information. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Cool thx! Near the beginning of this topic people were filling out forms or something. Should I do that?

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be great!

2 Likes

I will be inactive for around a week, no Wifi connection :pensive:

2 Likes

How do you fill in the form? Im not great at this…

3 Likes

When did you start Hopscotching?
How long have you been on Hopscotch?
What is your Hopscotch user name?
How active do you think that you can be in the camp? (answer honestly, I promise I won´t kick anyone out
That’s the form

1 Like