[OFFICIAL] Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @scosche

4 Likes

welcome to the forum @sacarver!

5 Likes

Thanks everybody!

6 Likes

if you open up the reply box, youll see a little button that look like this: </>
if you click on that and then paste in the link or upload the image inside the quotes, itll go through and i can fix the embed for you. its a little bit more convenient than putting a bunch of spaces between the link :))

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ll do that.

6 Likes

no problem! feel free to tag me (just type @fearlessphoenix) every time you do so i can easily find the posts and fix them quicker :))

6 Likes

@Scosche welcome to the forum! :D
I’m Temm, it’s nice to meet you. :]

Do you mind explaining a bit more? I’m afraid I haven’t heard of that system so with a bit of understanding I’d be happy to help!

Super cool! I checked out your account on hopscotch and gave you a follow, I look forwarding to seeing what you make!

6 Likes

Thanks, Temm!
For ex: K as in thousand for money.

6 Likes

Here’s the link: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/124fdlyuhw

6 Likes

No problem!
Oh I see now, I’m guessing you want to take your money variable and display it in thousands, millions, and so on instead of a singular string?
e.g: 1,000 > 1K, 2,000,000 > 2M and so on.
If so, give me a second and I’ll try to figure out a solution.

6 Likes

In my platformer, can anyone help me make a working collision code?

5 Likes

@Nobody and @Spy_Guy_96 are both great with platformers, maybe one of them could help? :))

9 Likes

Okay, thanks FearlessPhoenix!

They do have great platformers!

8 Likes

no problem :)) and feel free to call me fear or fearless, thats what everyone else does

they do! and i just tagged them so they should both see this soon and hopefully one of them has time to help

9 Likes

spyguy has some nice collision code that (i believe, from his bio statement) is free to use with credit:

the main idea of it is to calculate the future position of the player and use that position to detect collisions instead of the current player position

the code itself is in the “add collision” custom rule, let me know if any parts are confusing (it looks kinda complex) and i/spyguy can explain them

6 Likes

Level 1:
http://c.gethopscotch.com/p/124fq2u001

6 Likes

Here you go!

5 Likes

Thanks Tero!

5 Likes

@DaughterOfHecate
1: Butterflyxx☆♪(//∇//)
2: KittyCat
3: I’m not really sure-
4: At first i chose “FluffyBunny26” But then i changed it to "KittyCat26_Fluffy* because I love cats & the word “fluffy”
5: I’ve started at 2020 but then have been gone for a year:) And now i’m back at December, 2021
6: Usually i spend my time on hopscotch playing games instead of creating them but i’d say 2 years
7: Idk, I’d just play anything I find on the first tab I see or type in the search what i’m feeling rn.
8: Honestly depends on whats happening around myself, Once I feel inspired and ready i begin coding, but sometimes i just want to see what I can find in the community.
9: During my time coding on roblox studio i’ve been learning a bit of Lua and other stuff
10: I honestly never knew what a forum was and… yea can you tell me pls

12 Likes

Hey there, welcome to the forum!
My Hopscotch Username is Creation Productions.

4 Likes