[OFFICIAL] Introduce Yourself!

How do I create a topic?

5 Likes

Hi @BlueEarth I’m TheDeliciousOrange, I’ve to meet you! I am also a climate enthusiast, and am quite passionate about the planets future. Speaking of animals I think you’d enjoy coding with the AnimalPunCollab. They’d be happy to let you in

5 Likes

There’s a trust level system, you have to comeback for a couple days and you’ll be granted the ability to create topics.

5 Likes

Yes, we would! If you’re interested, tag me. It’s cool to see people who love the earth!

5 Likes

Welcome back!

I remember when you were on the account cheeseperson!

6 Likes

hello and welcome to the forum!
I see other people have helped answer your questions:D but feel free to tag me if you need any help!

4 Likes

ah, I have seen you on hs before! your projects are epic :eyes:
please keep making projects dude! conserving our planet and its wildlife is so important and I bet it’d be super cool to spread word to other kids on here how we can each do our part. :)

8 Likes

Thanks so much guys! I think I’d be interested in joining the AnimalPunsCollab. Also, on Hopscotch I’m creating a sort of channel since I can’t have a real YouTube channel and it’s going to feature something about the environment every video! I’m very excited! The things about the environment I know most about are palm oil, (I don’t eat it anymore, I’m boycotting it) Red Pandas, climate change, and factory farming (I’m a vegetarian). When I’m older I want to be just like Greta Thunberg! I’m going to go do my profile description so please check it out!

9 Likes

Cool—it’s nice to see people that care about the Earth:)

5 Likes

Wow! Maybe we can have some save the earth discussions in the Collab; I know stuff like greenhouse gasses, habitat destroying, shark fin soup, illegal pet baby lions or tigers, all the pollution all over… I want to be like Jane Goodall when I’m an adult, tbh!

5 Likes

Don’t forget elephant + rhinoceros hunting for ivory (I think it’s called poaching?)

I remember one rhino or elephant was born without a tusk/horn because of it

4 Likes

Late i think

3 Likes

I think it might be considered poaching but I think poaching is usually stealing an animal from the wild and then either selling it or killing it for its…stuff. I had no idea an elephant/rhino whichever it was was born without a tusk/rhino horn. That’s so sad! :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

5 Likes

Actually it can be good! It wont be able to be killed for its horns, because it doesn’t have them!

3 Likes

Yes, but they use their horns to protect themselves so I think the ideal solution would be for humans to stop poaching
(That took a long time for me to reply I know for some reason)

4 Likes

not too late- it’s awesome to learn more about you and your coding!

5 Likes

That’s an awesome idea! Super nice o see people still care :slight_smile:

If you’d like, create your own collab where you make projects like this! I’m sure many people would be interested in joining

9 Likes

Welcome! It’s nice to see that you care about the environment so much and have a vision! I can’t wait to see what you will be creating both here at the forum and on the app :slight_smile:

What you have made so far looks super good!

4 Likes

@HopLoc hi! A belated welcome to the forum.

I see youve reached member, congrats.

To create a topic, go to “Latest”. In the top right hand corner, you should see a gray button called “+ Ask A Question”. Click that, and a text box should pop up, similar to when creating a new post.
In the title parameter, enter the topic title. It should reflect what’s the topic is about.
Next, pick a category. They should all be listed in there with a brief description and you should be able to find one that the topic fits under. If you can’t, no worries! Just select “Random” and a leader will move it to the correct topic.

After you’ve done this, you should be able to type in the main text space. Type up a topic description that sum stuff up the topic there.
Click post, and viola. You have a new topic :slight_smile:

Hope this helps. Feel free to tag me as @FearlessPhoenix if you need anything else

10 Likes

Belated welcome @HopLoc!

6 Likes