[OFFICIAL] Introduce Yourself!

Hey! Welcome to the forum @anisotr0py!
I’m @AECREATION you can call me AE or Ecrea.
I’m TheAECreators on the app, you might of ‘eard of me.
Tag me if you need anything!

3 Likes

Hi @NickyH135,

Hopscotch username: RacingCarrot9000
Nicknames: aniso?
Pronouns: he/him/his
Why name chosen: I like carrots, my son likes fast cars
Length Hopscotch use: a few months
Length coding: 30 years
Favorite projects: generative art
Prefer making/playing projects: making
Know other coding languages: many (C/C++/Python/JS)
Found out about forum: by google searches for Hopscotch features and idioms.

best regards.

9 Likes

Welcome! I’m Rapterdragon83!

5 Likes

Oh wow that’s really cool so I have an Q um…I hope u don’t see me as being mean but why did u want to join HSF?

2 Likes

Because I’d like to learn from you all about how to best use HS for coding! I think HS is a beautiful interface for doing programming, and despite its simplicity there is a lot to learn about how to use it effectively (like, how to best use clones, how to best use messages). For example it was from searching for “while loops in hopscotch” that I found the HSF posts about using a custom block that calls itself within a “Check Once If” block to accomplish that, which is super clever. I bet there are other HS programming idioms for me to learn about, or, for me to help discover and document.

I want to become a better HS programmer because it is a fun way to program that is happily totally disconnected from my work, and because I want to be better at helping my daughter make her own games in HS (we’re both paid subscribers). She asked me this morning about how to do something with beats and music, so this week I’ll work on making something that demonstrates elements of what she has in mind, and then she can work on putting something cool together. And from another HSF post I learned the trick about keying notes to various variables, to enable easy playing of chords, which is super cool.

12 Likes

Wow, it’s super interesting to hear about your ideas and plans and I can’t wait to see what you will create! I’m 17 and still have a long way to go but I also code in other languages (Python, JavaScript, etc.), but I still use Hopscotch daily even though I do text programming (in fact, Hopscotch was my entry point to programming)

Hopscotch has a lot of possibilities - and I’m still exploring them! Advanced math, regex, and much more is available. People are into modding Hopscotch projects, which are formatted in JSON too.

9 Likes

Cool; thanks. I have published one trail art/game program, and have some questions about best practices for doing math with vectors, but I figured I’d search more on HSF before asking.

5 Likes

Yeah wow it really is tell ur daughter that it’s gonna work! Lol

1 Like

Haha lol yeah u can look all that up on the HSF! Or maybe as I, just u know @Leaders but u don’t have to do that but they can like show u the correct topic for u! But yeah that was a really great story to hear from u! I am very glad u told us! Lol & well I’m very pleased to hear that! Anyways I hope u learn more with ur daughter & family! Bye
-DN

2 Likes

Hello
Omg your username is THE. BEST.

3 Likes

I AM SO SORRY I DID NOT MEAN TO DELETE MY INTRODUCTION

6 Likes

@TheCMStudios can you recover her introduction

3 Likes

Oh but hello there

2 Likes

greetings my dude

5 Likes

Hiii omg I love your pfp ok lemme gbot

3 Likes

That’s not off topic

2 Likes

That was not off topic lol

3 Likes

hi

11 Likes

heya, welcome to the forum! :D
I’m Temm, nice to meet you :slight_smile:
what’s your hopscotch username?

9 Likes

Hey, @Fortnitepro!

I see that you already know the invisible text trick, nice!

5 Likes