[OFFICIAL] Introduce Yourself!

Oh okay sry then my bad I did not know, now I do thanks
-Nick

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Aashita!!

2 Likes

hey there @smeik10 and @alexaben!

3 Likes

Hi there! I joined the forum because I’m having some difficulties with a part of my coding and I’m hoping someone can help me with it.

Does anyone know of any reason the Set Invisibility block shouldn’t work? I’ve coded the basics of both Flappy Bird and Crossy Road and my Set Invisibility block isn’t working on either game. Any tips? Any advice would be fantastic. Thank you. :+1:

14 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

5 Likes

hey there - hopefully we can find a solution to your problem!
think you could share a project link with us - so we can check out the code?

8 Likes

Thanks for your offer to help - I just copied the link for my Flappy Bird and when I tried to hit reply it said something like “Sorry, you are not allowed to use links in your post”. Is there a setting I need to fix before I can use links?

9 Likes

You can’t post links yet, but read more topics and make more posts and once you’re a member you can post links. Alternatively you could do what the post PumpkinGirl sent you

And put 4 spaces in a new line then put the link when the text looks like thise or doing ‘THIS’
looks like this
7 Likes

Did that work?

9 Likes

There you gooo

3 Likes

Glad the link worked!

My problem is that no matter what I try, the Set Invisibility block in all my games doesn’t seem to be working. I have definitely checked and rechecked that I’m typing in 100% invisibility, it’s definitely inside a When bumps block.

I’m just not sure what I’m doing wrong but it’s the same in all my games. Does anybody have any suggestions?

11 Likes

Try when is touching

Its a bug with emojis

8 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try that. Still no luck. :disappointed:

8 Likes

I tried that too, and what you have done should technically work as far as I know. I am actually not quite sure what isn’t working, but that might be because I rarely work with collision code :upside_down_face: Thankfully, there are more than me in this community that will be able to help!

I was not able to get it working using bump blocks, but the “Set invisibility”-block doesn’t appear broken to me. You can try that simply by going to parrot and changing “When Self bumps Pipes” to “When Self bumps Edge”. Make parrot fall down to the bottom of the screen, and check if it disappears. If it does, then the set invisibility block itself is working.

7 Likes

perfect link! @CodeHelp can you guys help with this?

15 Likes

it works fine for me, parrot goes invisible when they bump the pipes

5 Likes

Hello! Welcome to the forum also I’m thinking on how to help

4 Likes

Do they have access to the community category?

4 Likes

I believe they’ll need to raise in trust level a little first!

3 Likes

Oh ok you need the basic trust level or the member one

2 Likes