[OFFICIAL] Introduce Yourself! (Part 1)

How do I create a topic?

5 Likes

Hi @BlueEarth I’m TheDeliciousOrange, I’ve to meet you! I am also a climate enthusiast, and am quite passionate about the planets future. Speaking of animals I think you’d enjoy coding with the AnimalPunCollab. They’d be happy to let you in

5 Likes

There’s a trust level system, you have to comeback for a couple days and you’ll be granted the ability to create topics.

5 Likes

Yes, we would! If you’re interested, tag me. It’s cool to see people who love the earth!

5 Likes

Welcome back!

I remember when you were on the account cheeseperson!

6 Likes

hello and welcome to the forum!
I see other people have helped answer your questions:D but feel free to tag me if you need any help!

4 Likes

ah, I have seen you on hs before! your projects are epic :eyes:
please keep making projects dude! conserving our planet and its wildlife is so important and I bet it’d be super cool to spread word to other kids on here how we can each do our part. :)

9 Likes

Thanks so much guys! I think I’d be interested in joining the AnimalPunsCollab. Also, on Hopscotch I’m creating a sort of channel since I can’t have a real YouTube channel and it’s going to feature something about the environment every video! I’m very excited! The things about the environment I know most about are palm oil, (I don’t eat it anymore, I’m boycotting it) Red Pandas, climate change, and factory farming (I’m a vegetarian). When I’m older I want to be just like Greta Thunberg! I’m going to go do my profile description so please check it out!

9 Likes

Cool—it’s nice to see people that care about the Earth:)

5 Likes

Wow! Maybe we can have some save the earth discussions in the Collab; I know stuff like greenhouse gasses, habitat destroying, shark fin soup, illegal pet baby lions or tigers, all the pollution all over… I want to be like Jane Goodall when I’m an adult, tbh!

5 Likes

Don’t forget elephant + rhinoceros hunting for ivory (I think it’s called poaching?)

I remember one rhino or elephant was born without a tusk/horn because of it

4 Likes

Late i think

3 Likes

I think it might be considered poaching but I think poaching is usually stealing an animal from the wild and then either selling it or killing it for its…stuff. I had no idea an elephant/rhino whichever it was was born without a tusk/rhino horn. That’s so sad! :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

5 Likes

Actually it can be good! It wont be able to be killed for its horns, because it doesn’t have them!

3 Likes

Yes, but they use their horns to protect themselves so I think the ideal solution would be for humans to stop poaching
(That took a long time for me to reply I know for some reason)

4 Likes

not too late- it’s awesome to learn more about you and your coding!

5 Likes

That’s an awesome idea! Super nice o see people still care :slight_smile:

If you’d like, create your own collab where you make projects like this! I’m sure many people would be interested in joining

13 Likes

Welcome! It’s nice to see that you care about the environment so much and have a vision! I can’t wait to see what you will be creating both here at the forum and on the app :slight_smile:

What you have made so far looks super good!

4 Likes

@anon89775525 hi! A belated welcome to the forum.

I see youve reached member, congrats.

To create a topic, go to “Latest”. In the top right hand corner, you should see a gray button called “+ Ask A Question”. Click that, and a text box should pop up, similar to when creating a new post.
In the title parameter, enter the topic title. It should reflect what’s the topic is about.
Next, pick a category. They should all be listed in there with a brief description and you should be able to find one that the topic fits under. If you can’t, no worries! Just select “Random” and a leader will move it to the correct topic.

After you’ve done this, you should be able to type in the main text space. Type up a topic description that sum stuff up the topic there.
Click post, and viola. You have a new topic :slight_smile:

Hope this helps. Feel free to tag me as @FearlessPhoenix if you need anything else

14 Likes

Belated welcome @anon89775525!

6 Likes