[OFFICIAL] How did you find out about the Hopscotch app?

Hi Hopscotchers!

You might have seen us ask previously about how you found out about the forum.

This time - we have another question for you - which is How did you find out about the Hopscotch app?

You can cast a vote in the poll below with the option that matches how you found about the Hopscotch app. Also, feel free to reply below to elaborate describe your experience further! We and the Hopscotch team can’t wait to hear about your experiences.

So…

How did you found out about the Hopscotch app?

• I tried it in school
  • I heard about it from my friends
  • I found it via the App Store search
  • I found it via the App Store Promotion Page
  • My parents showed it to me
  • I found it on the internet (blog, google search, etc.)
  • Other (we’d love to hear more - reply below and explain if you want)

0 voters

@omtl

25 Likes

found about it in a hopscotch project lol
first post
please don’t start attacking me

6 Likes

nice

3 Likes

I’ve used it for so long, I don’t even know lol

2 Likes

I found it in Self Service, my school’s version of the App Store.

1 Like

Lol same. I’m pretty sure I found it in self service.

1 Like

I saw a youtube vid back in 2018 and bugged my parents until they downloaded the app lol

3 Likes

I honestly am not sure? I found it when I was 8 I think, I was probably looking for a game on my parents iPad and found it. So, App Store search is guess.

4 Likes

oh, wait a min, I thought it was the hopscotch forum

well, when I was 9, I went to this coding club at school (we used scratch), but then it ended kinda early I can’t remember why tbh. anyway, I really wanted to continue coding, so my parents found it on App Store search…

oh, I was supposed to vote App Store search them
oopsie daisy (lol)

3 Likes

my brother was using the app on his school iPad - many, many years ago - so when it was pre-downloaded on the iPads my grade got, I was elated! so sort of a combination of school and the app store?

8 Likes

There is actually another topic for that - feel free to share the story there: [OFFICIAL] How did you find out about the Hopscotch Forum?

5 Likes

Ooh nice! A similar thing happened to me, I had it on a personal device a long time ago and it was already available on my school iPad when I received it some 5 years ago.

5 Likes

It was an app we were totally required to do in school

4 Likes

hmm was years ago - but think my sister discovered it on the app store - tried it out and showed me!
so kind of a mixture of two! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Yeah my parents showed me I think.

4 Likes

I got it in Microsoft Company Portal (Our Schools Version of The App Store)

3 Likes

School App Catalog

2 Likes

My uncle introduced me too it on my 8th birthday. February second 2015. That was a long time ago.

2 Likes

My friend showed my Madi’s Solar System Generator a couple years back.

2 Likes

I was looking for scratch and it popped up

4 Likes