[Official] Hopscotch Spooktober 2022

The two winner projects this year are:

Heyo Hops!

Welcome to :hs_bats:spooky season:hs_bats: at Hopscotch!:hs_ghoulopus:

Throughout October, we’ll have some fun challenges and events, and a special community-wide surprise on Halloween :eyes:

Our main event will be a classic – Inktober! Some of you may be familiar with the last time we ran this event. The rules are the same; you can post your artwork here without needing to link it back to the drawing topic as long as they’re for inktober prompts. You can also get creative and code the prompts, if you’ve designed them yourself first. Anything is valid as long as long as it follows the Inktober theme! :hs_zombear:

This year, you can earn 5 HopBytes for every time you submit an inktober piece to this topic! You can submit 1 art piece and 1 coded piece in a day, which is 10 HopBytes per day or 310 HopBytes throughout this entire month if you do every single challenge.
This is a great way to earn some points to splurge on something in our special popup shop :hs_ghoulopus:
And, we’ll have some special surprises for our most involved participants that you wont want to miss out on

:hs_witch_jody:Inktober Prompt List:hs_witch_jody:

:hs_lantern:Bonus Prompts:hs_lantern:

:hs_zombear:Official #spooktober Competition:hs_zombear:

Participate in the #spooktober coding contest. We will have two winners this year, and each winner would receive 200 seeds.

To enter, follow the instructions in this project. Link your project to this topic when you’re finished! Submissions due at 2022-10-31T21:00:00Z

:hs_frankenrilla:Popup Shop:hs_frankenrilla:

During this spooktacular event, we’re offering some special items. This shop will be open for all of October

Item Price
Emoji title: :ghost: 90
Emoji title: :jack_o_lantern: 90
Emoji title: :woman_mage:/:mage:/:man_mage: 90
Emoji title: :woman_vampire:/:vampire:/:man_vampire: 90
Emoji title: :woman_zombie:/:zombie:/:man_zombie: 90
Extra artwork slot 50
Choose a Would You Rather! (discount!) 10

Extra DHT artwork slots must be redeemed before the end of 2022.

:hs_pumpkin:Trick or Treat?:hs_pumpkin:

If you thought that was all we have to offer, think again.
There’s another surprise coming your way on Halloweekend (October 28–October 31) :eyes:

Is this a scary trick or a really sweet treat? You’ll find out then :wink:

Have fun! :hs_bats:

29 Likes

NICE!! first post

12 Likes

YES YES YES

omg, like permanent extra artwork spot?

13 Likes

iii dont think so:

12 Likes

oh, sorry didn’t see that

12 Likes

OMG! This is so cool!

8 Likes

Nice! It isn’t October yet but I’ll probably get ready

7 Likes

irl, i always just draw in pencil so this should be easy peasy

10 Likes

I’m so excited!!

7 Likes

OMG OMG THIS IS SO CUTE I WISH I COULD DO IT
edit- wait i can lol

does the art have to be from hopscotch? or can it be on a separate art pad on a different app?

8 Likes

super cool! i will def be posting some art :))

8 Likes

YES, i haven’t read the op yet but I will read:)

7 Likes

So we have to draw or code the inktober?

7 Likes

question: i can almost never go online during the weekend, so can i do the weekend’s and then post them all at once on monday, or something? i want to do them all, but i understand there’s a limit. if that doesn’t work, is there some other way i can complete and post my entry to every prompt? i understand if this can’t happen.

7 Likes

both if you want

7 Likes

you can do it however you want!

11 Likes

i’ll check and see

8 Likes

this looks epic!! cant wait to participate :))

7 Likes

This’ll be fun, I can create automatic pixel arts, right? :eyes:

6 Likes

don’t wanna be pushy but day 1 is this saturday so it applies immediately

8 Likes