[Official] Hopscotch Daily Challenge Info Dump (New Info)

Hopscotch Daily Challenge Info Dump

Today we would like to make some more announcements about the Hopscotch Daily Challenge. These announcements will include the release date, ways to earn points, example challenges, and a new competition (with a new badge and title)! So sit back and enjoy the announcements...

Announcement #1

Release Date
We want to make sure everything gets developed properly and that we get enough community feedback before releasing something completely. So, we will be doing a beta test a week or two before HDC gets fully released. Our testers will be our most active members on the forum, the Regulars! As for the release date, the topic will be released on Friday, November 22nd. We hope you guys are excited!

Announcement #2

The Forum Currency
We asked you guys a few weeks ago what you wanted the name to be. We compiled our favorites in a poll at the end of this post. Please go and vote for your favorite name! As for details on the currency itself, we plan on people being able to earn through leader and leader approved community clubs and competitions. For example you could earn this currency through HDC, but also through participating in a community competition. We would go as far to say if you write articles for the New User’s Guide we would give away points! Stay tuned for more info!

Announcement #3

An art competition?
Yes, you read that right! We will be running an official art competition starting this week! Submit your art portfolio when the topic goes live, and we will be selecting artists to help us make official artwork for HDC, like a design for the currency, and a challenge board background. We will edit in the post link below when it goes live. Oh! I almost forgot, the winners will receive the exclusive Community Artisan badge, as well as a boost of currency when HDC starts (and some behind the scenes work!). But don’t worry, there will be other opportunities to earn these badges and titles in the future.

HDC Art Competition

Announcement #4

A Sneak Preview?
To hype people up for HDC, we created some challenges to showcase to you guys early. These are Thanksgiving themed challenges, and will actually come out around Thanksgiving for you guys to complete! Here they are, collapsed:

Thanksgiving Thematic Challenges

Thanksgiving Event Challenges

Forum Challenges:

Use A Turkey Emoji In Your Posts (0/3)

Tell Someone “Happy Thanksgiving!” (0/1)

Hopscotch Challenges:

Make a Trail Art Turkey (0/1)

Make A Pixel Art Of Whatever Food You Want (0/1)

Make A Project Explaining What You Are Thankful For (0/1)

Like Thanksgiving Themed Projects (0/3)

Rewards:

Every Completed Challenge Will Give You 5 Thanksgiving Points

Completing All Of The Challenges Will Reward You With The Turkey Badge :turkey:

Thanksgiving Shop:
TBD

Currency Name Poll
Results art public!

• Hopbyte/Hopbytes
  • Scotcho/Scotchos
  • Hopoint/Hopoints
  • Hopcoin/Hopcoins

0 voters

@omtl

20 Likes

Please share your opinions down here!

11 Likes

This sounds really cool!

I wish I could beta test, but I’m not regular…

Other than that I’m pretty excited!

10 Likes

Wow, these sound really cool! Can’t wait to see how they’ll be used here :smiley:

8 Likes

There will be a whole lot of cool things.

Y’all will see soon enough :wink:

8 Likes

AE’s idea of Scotchos sounds cool

8 Likes

Yes it just rolls off the tongue the best. Say each one out loud.

7 Likes

Awesome, I can’t wait!

6 Likes

*can’t wait

Vote Scotcho

Why? (Beware of unreasonable salty reasoning)

Reason: Try saying “Hopcoin” 10 times fast. Then try saying “Scotchos” 10 times fast. The “p-c” sound doesn’t flow.

9 Likes

Thanks, auto correct keeps doing that lol

7 Likes

:clap:.

7 Likes

Cool!

7 Likes

#votescotchos Sounds super exciting!

8 Likes

Yup just 3 more votes

5 Likes

Come on everyone, vote scotchos!