[Official] Hopscotch Back To School Challenge!

@Leaders can I PM with one of u regarding the escape school game I’m working on?

2 Likes

Yes, you should base your project/get inspired by the tutorial!

We have to create the PM for you. Is the reason for a PM because you have something private that you don’t want to post publicly?

5 Likes

Not really. It’s just that I don’t want to give away the idea for my game.

3 Likes

Okay! We’re a bit restrictive on making PMs. Did you want to ask a question that included mentioning your game idea? You can leave a message in an edit history - you can find how to do it here! (open the hidden spoiler to see the information)

5 Likes

Yeah

I’ll leave a message in edit history then.

3 Likes

I left a message in this post’s edit history.

So is my idea alright? Cuz it has to be based off the escape room tutorial but the info I put in brackets didn’t line with the tutorial.

2 Likes

This seems cool
I guess the “back to school” is for Americans because my school started 4 months ago

But I don’t think I’ll be able to participate (just like I usually do)

3 Likes

small reminder that you should never edit an official topic yourself unless youre a leader. if you think something should be changed, tag one of us and ask for permission before. if we think youve got an awesome idea (which you probably do!), we’ll take your suggestion into consideration and make that change

6 Likes

@William04GamerA

3 Likes

No, you can enter even if you don’t have a forum account!

4 Likes

Do you want me to let them know?

3 Likes

@William04GamerA is it okay if i publish my project later than the deadline? (1 day later)

if not, can i publish it on time but i continue making updates?

1 Like

To make things fair, the project that will be judged is going to be what you have when you enter before the deadline. You can always make updates, but they will most likely not be included in the judging.

1 Like

okay, thank you! i should code faster

1 Like

Best of luck. Can’t wait to see the project!

1 Like

thanks, it’s about musical tiles using sin/cos to determine their position in the screen, which allows them to rotate around the central point without any bug (except that the fps is decreasing, but that is a bug with hs, not me)

the project is inspired by Phigros (a game that one of my friends showed me)

2 Likes