[Official] Forum Suggestions Topic

I honestly can’t think of any decent nicknames for myself, my user is pretty short.

But it would be great to use it to know other users’ nicknames. :))

9 Likes

@Tri-Angle, You should also recommend making as a side name, like regular or welcome team member you know or 2021 seed developer…

3 Likes

nah, thats a title and can be bought with hopbytes

3 Likes

Ohhhh so that’s how it works!

3 Likes

@Tri-Angle, can you show me the topic?

3 Likes

Isn’t the Regular title free when you get to that trust level?

6 Likes

Yes but I want my own :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I was just telling Tri, wasn’t sure if they knew or not.

5 Likes

here!

yep, thats free, as well as welcome team member and hopscotch seed developer. however, other titles like “trian” or “a mysterious shape made of three angles” or anything else next to your name is bought with hopbytes or win in official competitions :))

8 Likes

rule to stop tagging people in the alphabet game, some people get literally spamtagged because they start with a rare letter - you can still use @/ tho

and in the same topic, rule to not end with the same started letter - eg hopscotch should not be allowed

5 Likes

Wait are those actual rules or just requesting of us?

6 Likes

suggestions for rules

6 Likes

Oh sorry I misread this as forum features testing somehow :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

yep suggestion lol, im not a leader so nothing official

4 Likes

I think there should be a hopscotch suggestions topic, kind of like a cross between this and ycthh

4 Likes

you have #meta-hopscotch and #hopscotch-language-evolution categories made for that :))

4 Likes

I thought of a few things that would really improve user experience on the forum.

1. Being able to filter users by “last seen” and “most recently posted”
    So many times I go on the users tab that shows all the users on the forum, and have to scroll through all these inactive accounts to find a few active ones. I know you can just search a user, but I like the idea of being able to see all active members.

2. An “active comp” tag that is on all current forum competitions
    Often comps get buried and forgotten about. Users who are looking for active comps have no way to easily view all of them.

3. The ability to change the color of your username
    I think this would be a really nice implementation, it enhances users’ ability to express themselves, and can be something that could be purchased with HopBytes! Also, gradient usernames would be super cool

4. A way to connect your forum account with your hopscotch account
    This can be used to verify you have a hopscotch account, and it would automatically update as you change your app username.

I’m not sure to what extent you can customize the forum, and how much of this Discourse would have to implement, but I just thought I should mention my ideas.

5 Likes

I really want 3.

4 Likes

you can do this by looking up the trust_level_0 group and filtering by posted or seen

number 2 and 4 would definitely be things id like to see

6 Likes

How do you do that? I can’t find that group.

4 Likes