[Official] Forum Suggestions Topic

no problem, hope the alternatives are helpful ^~^

5 Likes

@Leaders

Maybe their could be an Official Multiplayer Chat Topic

This would allow users to join multiplayer games and chat during them with out having to fill up Y-Taco

It also would have to be strictly for multiplayer games only so it wouldn’t turn into a general chat

5 Likes

I don’t think multiplayer games are quite to the point where we need a topic to be “official” for this, but I will bring up the idea of allowing an individual (could even be one of us) to create a topic for that purpose

5 Likes

i thought of something similar in the past too - not for multiplayer specifically tho

it’s a general gaming topic, where you talk about gaming in hopscotch (sharing high scores, asking to play together in multiplayer, etc etc)

but on the other side ytaco is also the perfect place for that

3 Likes

I guess I should just make the Hopscotch Gaming Competition open to this to anyone, any time (for high scores & best times)

Yep, for now, this is still a great place for that

3 Likes

people who post a word in the unscramble word game should as well post a hint for it

3 Likes

a “how bad would this turn into?” game

i’ll straight go with some example because i dont have time to do a full description of my idea, but feel free to ask questions i’ll dig some time to answer you!

Example 1: teleportation
Example 2: school lessons vaccines
Example 3: hopscotch × scratch

a small note that “how bad would this turn into” is funnier than “share your opinion about this” or “would you support this”, because throwing random negative opinions will very possibly turn into ridiculous opinion/situations/examples, and thats where it’s funny to read everyone’s post.

hope this game suggestion is great! @Leaders :)
ps: also lmk if i can tag yall for that

11 Likes

that sounds really cool- it’d probably have to be hs related only though

2 Likes

I kind of think if it’s possible that the name of #hopscotch-language-evolution should perhaps be changed to something like suggestions for hopscotch because, I don’t know about anyone else, but when I first joined I was kinda like, “what on earth does that mean?” It did only take a couple of days/ a week to work it out, and I also don’t think it’s the best idea I’ve ever come up with.

3 Likes

It’s for coding blocks, and other stuff for the hopscotch programming language.
Example (Alerts, and confirms to add onto save input)
Meta-hopscotch is adding stuff to the hopscotch app not in the programming language.
Example (change plants to acorns!)

4 Likes

I know now lol, but I didn’t when I started

4 Likes

@Leaders

What if you created a tag group for coding suggestions?

@IdeaTeam
or
@SuggestionsTeam

This could help if you have a poll about a game title and don’t know who to tag
This could also be useful for people who need a second opinion

1 Like

create a confusion tone tag please ://

/cn
/c
/co
/con
/cf
/conf

whatever
but we need it

3 Likes

Have you guys considered a direct message feature for the forums

Edit: you should also make the forums an individual app

5 Likes

discourse has an app for that

4 Likes

that’s a “pm” (private message) and unfortunately that’s only for leaders++ for safety reasons

you can actually download “DiscourseHub” and add your forum account to it so you can have the forum as an individual app! plus, you will receive notifications from the forum directly on your device. i have it and it’s really nice

5 Likes

:+1:

4 Likes

i dont think we can really make one in that sense but start using it and hopefully itll catch on

4 Likes

gotcha /nconf

(not confused :P)

3 Likes

That sounds like fun!

3 Likes