[Official] Forum Features Testing Topic

2 Likes

doesnt work for me hm

4 Likes

<@OceanPeople>

3 Likes

I don’t think you can put a @ in <>

2 Likes

Yeah, @ cannot be used inside <> to hide the text. Only letters, numbers, and spaces can be used to make invisible text.

Only HTML comments <!--comment here--> support special characters

Proof: << (quote post by replying and tapping the speech bubble icon to see, I intentionally left the tag off to prevent confusion)

2 Likes

:hs_parrot: New Text Trick

If you say the following words, it will automatically make the topic Blue

Here are some words to try!

Community Guidelines
Trust Level

We are currently trying to find more, but for now these are the only ones, have a good day :slight_smile:

7 Likes

this isnt really a text trick – its a feature that we’ve had enabled for quite a while now that will automatically link essential official topics

it is pretty neat tho!

9 Likes

YCTAHH

2 Likes

<🙂>

1 Like

dht?

and the old yctayhch works too

2 Likes

wait-

yctayhch 22

dht 1

dht 2

:0

yctayhch 30

IT SAID I DON’T HAVE ACCESS TO THAT LINK- it exists?? /j

2 Likes

What?

1 Like

Looks like you can hide emoji’s using HTML comments <!--😂-->. I hid one above this line.

1 Like

Oh, wow, it doesnt count as a character while <> does.

That’s because HTML comments are ignored (because they are comments and not HTML tags)

Just add <any text> underneath

1 Like

Maybe system creates a new topic ahead of time, which will be available once topic 29 is closed. Imagine if that were the case…

4 Likes

Sadly that’s just the default text that the forum returns either when a topic does not exist or is private. There is, unless you know if the topic exists for others or not, no way to tell which of those two statements is true.

A way to validate this is to try this link: https://forum.gethopscotch.com/sjdksajdkasjdl which obviously is not a page on the forum. It still says “…or is private” in the page that’s displayed when you try to visit it.

5 Likes

who said it’s not? :stuck_out_tongue: /t /j /lh

3 Likes

when I tried the y-taco 30 link, it literally said “Access Denied” and “You’re not allowed to view that” instead of the usual “This page doesn’t exist or is private”

4 Likes

@discobot roll 4d1

it’s to decide which pizza to eat

edit: shoot it’s to the other side but anyways i pick 1

4 Likes