[OFFICIAL] Eighth Annual Summer Competition 📸

Ok who is there to collab with

8 Likes

Yeah, I guess my template is overdue for an update. I never even added a goal tile to the template, lol…

Speaking of, I wonder how old my project has to be in order to be considered an older project of mine… :thinking:

(@Tri-Angle) just curious ^^

8 Likes

@SilverSong for an updated old project to be expected, do I have to literally edit the old project and use the update feature (meaning I’ll be locked in the player version it’s in, thus putting me at a disadvantage), or do I just need to prove that the project isn’t new / never been made before?

I’m asking because we have the option to update an older project of ours to highlight our growth, and if we have to use the old project to update it, we will obviously be locked in the old player version (unless we are allowed to save the old project to our profile and update it that way, but then we’d still have to prove it isn’t new because of different UUIDs).

10 Likes

Nope, you can make it a separate game just make sure it’s very clear what the game was before the update as that won’t be part of the judgement.

10 Likes

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/137j80vf4o

(Since the other link is filtered until I remove a potentially banned word from the code).

@Awesome_E do you know why this project (first link) is filtered? I already checked the filter check, but there weren’t any matches found. Is it the fact I typed “RPG” (it stands for Role-Playing Game in this context) in the text, by any chance?

A filtered word is the only reason this could be filtered, since the project contains no images nor the seed block.

@SilverSong I know it isn’t exactly a game nor an update of a game, but it is an update of an old project I made 62 weeks ago at this time. The old project is linked in this project as proof. And even though it technically isn’t a game, it can be used for games that use data strings (especially large ones like in platformers and RPGs).

It’s the only thing I could come up with at the moment. I’m not very good at making full-on games in short amounts of time like a month. Mine take closer to 2+ years. I’ll probably think of something better eventually…

Edit: oops. Looks like I’m too early. I’ll have to think of a different project to code… Hmm…

9 Likes

@Tri-Angle I would like to give 50 seeds to first, 30 seeds to second, and 20 seeds to third.

9 Likes

@HappyPandas, should I enter?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

11 Likes

@TeamCreations
Summer project coming soon! (Motivation 100%)

8 Likes

AAA it’s been so long since I’ve coded a real game now I rlly want to
this is so exciting!!!1!!1!!!1!!!
Oh my goigly yes
So uhm ye either I’m gonna make a sequel to smth or I am just gonna collab with someone (how cool, only ever did a collab once :0)
So yea anybody wanna collab? I have some kinda cool ideas :sunny::sunny::sunny:

6 Likes

yea sure! i have a cool idea aswell

6 Likes

added to the basket, tysm for your contribution!!

7 Likes

Sure! :))
So um do we make an unlisted topic

5 Likes

do you mind if you make it? i think i already have more than 2 unlisted topics.

5 Likes

I don’t mind who does it

5 Likes

ok, can you make it?

5 Likes

Not filtered for text; probably stuck from a previous project version

Updating projects leave it stuck in the filter; they don’t check filter again

7 Likes

That project was literally brand new… or I thought I made a new one…

I only referenced the other project via Open Project…

Also, according to the UUID, the project was created on June 27, 2023, at 1:53 AM GMT. The old project I referenced was created over 62 weeks ago.

I’m going to try unpublishing and republishing…

e: it worked.

8 Likes

Sure :+1:
I’ll tag you in it

7 Likes

Anyone want to collab?

6 Likes

Hop coins🟡 and Hops added to the prize pool!
Don’t know what they are? Learn about it here :arrow_down::arrow_down:

3 Likes