Odd bug-color emojis!

No fix in latest update Right?

You can also do this.
When is Tapped -> Repeat Forever -> Change colour

1 Like

Hey remember @CreationsOfaNoob, Angry bird project? They had this to color the birds and pigs. I discovered this glitch from him.

2 Likes

No you can’t – Emojis don’t change

I actually discovered this, check my “Rainbow Cookie” project

1 Like

WHO CHANGED THE TITLE

1 Like

Your old friend from last year who didn’t really appreciate this bug being reported

Thank you for that title change

1 Like

Dude, delete your tag, too.

1 Like

Why? :disappointed: (I changed the tags to remove the glitch tag but if you say so)

If somebody patches this, I blame you. This “bug” (feature) is very useful as it lets me change the color of emojis such as the Mac (:desktop_computer:) in Minigames as well as things I can use for icons (:white_large_square::white_medium_small_square::white_circle::volleyball::fog:) for customization. Can we just make this a “tutorial” topic or deprecate it? This topic didn’t need a revive to begin with.

If it doesn’t work as intended, it’s a bug. Even if noone changes it. The classic “bug is now a feature”

2 Likes

Did this get fixed? Unless I’m doing something wrong, it no longer working for me

Procedure:

• text with emoji (on stage)
  • Set Image (blank)
  • Set Color

[Edit] This is the right way the get it

1 Like

Set image (text(blank))
Set color
Let’s not revive this

1 Like

Ah. Thanks.

And I wouldn’t worry. I really doubt THT would go out of their way to change this behavior. It’s used in a project they selected for game changers, so they must see it as value added.

2 Likes

Yes, but I’d rather not revive the topic, I think asking this on a gt makes more sense. I was pretty happy that it stayed for coan’s angry birds and my Minigames for a few updates and game changer, but you never know

I see your point of view and understand the concern, but I respectfully disagree :slightly_smiling_face:

Propagating the use of this “feature” (which requires making other users aware of and able to use it) and letting it gain popularity is the best way to ensure THT doesn’t accidentally “fix” it, since they wouldn’t want to take away an aspect of their platform that the community likes.

Besides, on general principle, THT would want the community to share features (even if they’re unintended features) that add value to their platform. In other words, if you find something cool, share it.

2 Likes

I just mean this topic specifically, it just feels like it’s a bug report rather than sharing uses of it, but teaching others is definitely a positive

I mean, it’s pretty cool

As @ThinBuffalo said, you should quit worrying.

If it’s in the game changers section, it’ll be probably not removed

1 Like

I know this will be helpful for you @OnioXer

2 Likes

Yeah, I suppose so…