Objects shrinks every time it’s opened - Bug with 3.47.2 of hopscotch

weird, right? The objects’ sizes decreased :arrow_up:

General information: NTh3R, iPad 6th Gen, iPadOS 15.0.0
Step to reproduce the bug: Download the newest version of hs, create a square and open+close it. It shrinks
look at the video too

@Yuanyuan @Awesome_E @Antigravity
@TrueHarryPotterLover

10 Likes
Only vote if you have the newest version of hopscotch!
  • I have that issue!
  • Nah (explain)

0 voters

6 Likes

Strange, every time I open a project my shapes just keep getting smaller and smaller. Kinda socks, I don’t think I’ll be able to code with this so I’ll have to wait.

It also shrinks objects every time I add a shape or text object, although text objects and characters don’t shrink.
Resizing objects shrinks them too.

Overall: adding objects, resizing objects, and opening and closing shrinks the following:
Shapes and text objects.

7 Likes

EASY temporary fix: make the objects bigger every time you open and close the menu so you can still edit the objects after 10 times.

6 Likes

This still screws up any size changing objects though

4 Likes
7 Likes

So use set size instead of shrink/grow by

4 Likes

For me it only affects shapes, and not other stuff like hopscotch characters or text.

Shapes also get smaller after I add more shapes in the editor.

Strange…

4 Likes

Thank you for the bug report. We’re working on the fix.

12 Likes

i’m happy to hear that! little details:

• this bug happens in every projects (drafts and published)
  • this bug doesn’t happen in explore.gethopscotch
  • this bug only happens with shapes as @Spy_Guy_96 said
6 Likes

This means that even if the shapes change in the code editor, when you publish the project, the shape stays the same in the web explorer?

8 Likes

well, i can try to publish a project with a shrunken object, but what i meant is that projects in explore.gethopscotch seems to be normal

5 Likes

I just tested the project, it shows up smaller as well. But thanks for noticing!

7 Likes

no, if the shape shrinks before publishing, explore.gethopscotch has the same size as the app
but a community project played in app has shrunk objects, and explore.gethopscotch shows the normal size

sorry i took a lot of time to write it clearly

5 Likes

@Yuanyuan look up and also down

new bug: i have difficulty to resize an object (tested object: square) with two fingers in editor (not in player)

4 Likes

Strange bug, I wonder why this happens.

3 Likes

Hey, @NTh3R.

It looks like you’re still experiencing this issue – let’s not mark a topic as solved until the fix is actually implemented and the issue stops occurring for you. Not sure if you were the one who marked the post as solution, but this should go as an FYI for everyone

This is the message that anyone sees when trying to reply, and that doesn’t make sense because the bug isn’t actually fixed yet:

I can’t confirm if this happens as I’m not on my iPad, but it’s a good sign that the bug has been acknowledged.

6 Likes

i wanted to show ppl that yuanyuan is solving this bug, but anyway, i put it on normal now

5 Likes

So does it reset its size when in editor or it shrinks every single time

3 Likes

every time you open an object that isn’t text or character in the editor

3 Likes