Objects Glued To Each Other!

A great thing that should be in Hopscotch is objects glued to each other. I am making a game that includes horizontal scrolling, it has clones, and when you scroll fast, the clones get out of position when you scroll like that, so I would have the objects glued into another and make the parts position themselves better.

Good Idea?
  • Yes!
  • No!
  • Maybe…

0 voters

7 Likes

This seems like a good idea, but I think you can already do that.

1 Like

How???

Couldn’t you use repeat forever set x to objectX y objectY?

1 Like

What you can do is put eg.

Object 2:

7=7:
set position to {object 1 ypos} and {object 1 x pos + object1 width divided by 2 + object 2 width divided by 2}

1 Like

1 Like

Here, @CB_Studios

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11d2519u0j

1 Like

@DogIcing @Otato when you have more stuff and clones, the games slows down and doesn’t work real good

1 Like

This is great! A feature most objects already have, hopscotch would be amaizng with this! Why didn’t I think of this!?

1 Like

Yeah. It’s too bad you don’t have scenes :cry:

Yeah… it kinda lags… if ya have lots of stuff, then yeah… grouping/glueing objects together would be useful… if you wanna see a really, really bad lag:

It was originally supposed to be an iPad simulator… now it is an iBad simulator…

2 Likes

I mean couldn’t you do when desired location ≠ self position set position to desired location?

That way it only does it when it needs to

But yes, this and other physics related blocks would be very neat

1 Like

But it would lag a lot

It would lag less, I’m assume these projects are running the code 24/7

1 Like

@CB_Studios :arrow_up:

2 Likes

Wow! That’s impressive. I’m on a 5G phone and your game still lagged! @DogIcing

1 Like

Are you saying we could do

If iPad pressed
set pos x: objectX y: objectY?

Would that work?

2 Likes

Yeah… it was entirely an accident! Lol!

1 Like

How is that possible? How did you make that happen?

1 Like

It was supposed to be an iPad simulator and when I played it, I’m like oh… this is kinda rubbish… so I scrapped the iPad sim idea, changed a few words and published it as a project that will make hs crash and freeze! Pretty funny and unbelievable but it’s true! Lol!

2 Likes