Objects escaping the editor and they took the change scene block with them

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: StarlightStudios

What browser are you using? Please paste your User Agent here:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

1 sentence description of the problem (I was editing, and then the objects escaped/didn’t appear in the editor window (you can’t see them in the window where you move things around) and also change scene block doesn’t show other scenes

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. make a shape
  2. fail at using the change scene block

I expected this to happen: the shape to appear

But instead this happened: the shape didn’t appear

5 Likes

Oh what the blocks are gone???

2 Likes

no the change scene block is there but it doesnt work

2 Likes

Is this one bug or two? Also, I’d need a screenshot of the object ‘escaping’

3 Likes

2 bugs and i cant do a screenshot because you would see nothing and i cant do a video on my pc i think

2 Likes

Ok, well I don’t know what “Make a shape” means…

Do you mean?

1. Add a shape to the stage
  2. Tap the expand scene button

And I assume the change scene block thing has to do with the fact that the scenes keyboard doesn’t show all the scenes

2 Likes

Yes

You just gotta make it…

Yep

1 Like

@StarlightStudios Do you have custom images in the project?

2 Likes

No I don’t (can you do that on the webplayer?)

1 Like

If they’re in your project already, you can use them in the project. But no, you can’t add them yet

I’ll try to see if I can reproduce this, but in the case I can’t, a screenshot of your blocks editor (normal view) and a screenshot of the empty scene editor (the one where you rearrange objects) would still be appreciateed

1 Like

Ok sounds good

1 Like

Also, if this is in an existing project, a link would help because I can’t reproduce the object disappearing from stage in a new project

2 Likes

It’s not, I’ll send a pic in a bit

2 Likes

No need – I figured out why this happens

2 Likes

Ok great! Thanks!

2 Likes

This should be fixed now

Edit: shapes appear, but their size doesn’t seem to be right. Looks like a separate issue to me though

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.