Objects Do Not Delete Properly Bug

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: MR.GAM3R​:video_game:

What kind of device are you using?: iPad Air, iOS 10.2

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I named an object "Blue", deleted it, and now can't use the name anymore.

Steps to make the problem happen:
1. Name an object "Blue"
2. Delete it
3. Make a new object
4. Try to name it to "Blue". It won't work, it will say the name is already taken, even though the old object is gone.

This works with all names as well.

I expected this to happen: the name to successfully change

But instead this happened: it didn't allow to me to.

Here are some sweet screenshots:

The Hopscotch Team, who will be able to look into this bug.

@Liza @Rodrigo @Montoya

Custom rules not being fully removed in JSON file

Ahh, yes, this bug is so annoying! Thanks for making this report. I appreciate it a lot. ^^

That's because it's still in the objects section and is still classified as an object even though it's been erased from view.

You just gave me an idea! That's probably is the case, so I could try editing the .json files on a computer and get rid of the old object completely. Thanks, I will try it out

You know how to do that on an Apple laptop? I might be able to find out which one if you do and need that.

Connect your iPad to iTunes, go into the device section, click on Apps and scroll down to File sharing. Go to Hopscotch, then drag and drop the "json projects" folder. The files will be there, each one will correspond to your drafts. To move the modified files back, delete the one in iTunes, drag and drop the new folder and sync

Ok, so I found out that when you "delete" an object, it still remains in the .json file. I wonder if you cleared all of the unused objects in a project, how it would affect performance

This is a GREAT bug report—thank you!

We know about this and it's on our list to fix. Thanks for your patience!

Please put it on the top of the list; it's very important!

It happens to me to
When I name something "line 4" and I Delete it
Then when I try to name another text "line 4" it won't work
Very annoying bug indeed