Object references get lost when Changing Objects Index in Bird's Eye View

Use this template to make hilarious bug reports:

Your username: Tri-Angle Studios

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 6th gen, iPadOS15.x, Hopscotch app and player newest version.

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): Watch video below.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
Watch video below.

I expected this to happen: (Watch video below) square changes it’s position to monkey’s and square changes color when i tap monkey even if i’m changing monkey’s index using the bird’s eye view

But instead this happened: Square stays when it is and changes color when i tap anything (screen, square and monkey)

Here’s a bitter video:

Code is supposed to do the following:

When Game Starts
Set Position to [Monkey] Position
End

When [Monkey] is Tapped
Change Color to [Random]
End

But instead, when i move monkey’s index position in the bird’s eye view, square seem to lose every attributions:

When Game Starts
Set Position to [UNKNOWN] Position
End

When [UNKNOWN, AKA SCREEN] is Tapped
Change Color to [Random]
End
8 Likes

@t1_hopscotch requested topic #2

7 Likes

I experienced this, and honestly it’s more annoying than the “number in object name changes when changing its index via object container” bug.

6 Likes

Wow that is definitely strange — I have managed to reproduce this. Will look at the other bug reports for the Bird’s eye view too. Thanks a lot for making these topics — it makes it easier for tracking progress^^

4 Likes

It does seem to be a dragging bug in the editor. (I checked the project data, and the object ID gets reset / deleted when it is dragged.)

When I exit the project and come back, after re-ordering, the object references look like this:

3 Likes