No. keyboard stays up when opening project from link while in draft

Apparently the title was too long as “Number keyboard stays up when opening a project from a link while in a draft.”

Your username: tankt2016

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 6th Gen, iOS 12.3.1

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): Not one sentence, but I was coding my summer contest project, then exited Hopscotch without exiting the draft first. I opened the forum in Safari, then clicked a project link.
It took me to the (unpublished) project, but the numbers keyboard was still up.
I had to refresh the app to get the keyboard to disappear.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Open a draft, and get the numbers keyboard to come up.
  2. Exit Hopscotch, then go click on a project link. It’ll take you to the project, with the numbers keyboard still up.

I expected this to happen:
I didn’t expect the number keyboard to be up.

But instead this happened:
It was up.

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

14 Likes

That’s weird… does it happen with all projects or just with that specific project?

1 Like

It happens, just like the editor one.
And I try not to do that when in the middle of a draft, as some code didn’t save one time (prob just me)

1 Like

It happens when opening any project from any draft.

2 Likes

This has been a big problem for me, It also seems a lot of people have made bug reports too.

3 Likes

Uh-oh! This is an awful bug! I think maybe you need to exit the draft first.

2 Likes

Seems like it’s just a simple bug.
Small things like this is pretty annoying sometimes

I’ve also noticed that the keyboard will not go away unless you refresh meaning you can scroll all around Hopscotch and it will stay apparent.

It also covers the bottom navigation buttons

6 Likes

Hmm, maybe there’d be a simple problem. Maybe just exit out first?
But what if you’re in a hurry…

2 Likes

I spot my test project :eyes: I’m honord to be in a bug report. Jk

I’ve been experiencing this too, and it’s really annoying.

Occasionally it happens when I exit out of the draft and stays there til I completely close the app and reopen.
It’s really annoying, even tho there’s a simple fix

7 Likes

Thanks for reporting, we’re taking a look.

6 Likes

@PumpkinGirl this is an example of one of these topics ; basically the same as what you’ve reported, just with the other bars.
There are others but most have been clivecated

3 Likes

The reasons for this bug happening and the one I reported are different. I checked before I posted, and any similar topics had different causes.

3 Likes

There are a lot of different ways to make this bug appear

1 Like

A simple workaround for this fix would be to check if the keyboard should still be up 0.5 seconds after the initial check. @awesomeonion I’d like to see this fixed. As minor as it is, it takes a lot away from the experience of this app, and it’s even bigger of an issue now because I can’t just swipe down to close it.

2 Likes

We’re going to go back to the old behavior. Keeping the keyboard around is more trouble than it’s worth.

5 Likes

Thanks, thats much more convenient

3 Likes

Thank you! I never liked the new behavior.