Newbie Guide 101

This is THE Newbie Guide!

If you have anything to add, comment below!

Please tag newbies into this topic!

Guidelines:

Remeber to follow these!

This forum helps you improve your Hopscotchin’ and share what you know to help others.

Help make this forum somewhere where everyone feels welcomed, supported, and encouraged:

Be nice, always. Use respectful language, assume that everyone is just as smart as you are, and don’t call people names. Pretend that you’re speaking to a friend face-to-face :smile:

Keep your personal deets private. Don’t share your last name, email, number, where you live, or school. It’s okay to share your first name, age, and Hopscotch name. Don’t ask anyone to share their personal info.

Be generous. It’s awesome to know stuff. Share what you know with others whenever possible. How would you want someone to teach you? Be like that.

Be humble. Even Mark Zuckerberg admits that he’s got more to learn! So should we! Ask questions and learn from others. If you disagree with someone, disagree politely.

Keep it clean! Don’t post something you wouldn’t want your grandma to see. If you see inappropriate content, please flag it. Don’t reply, cause this just gives the author the attention they crave. Flag it and it will be removed.

Keep it relevant! Add to the conversation by responding directly to the question posted in the topic, or reply as a linked topic to lead the conversation in a slightly different direction. Don't use the forum to ask for followers, likes, or other topics that aren't about using Hopscotch.

What is important to you? How do you want to interact with others in this forum? Reply with your ideas!

PS: If you’re ever unsure about whether something is appropriate, please email us!
That was what Liza, one of our Mods said!

Dictionary:

Common words that you'll hear on the Forum!

XD = This is an emoji, more in that later!
The Official Mass Tag List, or OMTL = Write your name here if you want to be informed about topics ( http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/official-mass-tagging-topic/16843 )
AMA = Ask Me Anything, this is like a question and answer topic.
SBYP = Search Before You Post, always do this before making a topic!
H.S = This stands for Hopscotch, the app.
H.F = This stands for Hopscotch Forum.
Reg = Regular, this is a badge that is earned over time!

Hopscotch Forum Emojis

Other than the iOS emojis, we use lots of text ones!

XD = A laughing face, like :joy: or saying LOL.

HSB and RGB

Sick of hearing about HSB and RGB but don't actually understand what they each stand for? Well, help is at hand! There are lots of topics where you have to read through every single comment, here is one that you can screenshot and refer back to! Here is the Hopscotch link for my HSB guide:
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/y6pbr03ny

HSB:
Hue, Saturation and Brightness

Hue: Hue is the colour. They range from 0 through to 360. They are also ordered through the rainbow.
Red: 0
Orange: 45
Yellow: 55
Green: 70
Blue: 165
Purple: 250
Pink: 300
Red: 335

Saturation: Saturation is how intense the colour is. 0 is white and 100 is strong colour. This is how colours become pastel.
1-40 is pastel colours.

Brightness: Brightness is, well, brightness... 0 is black and 100 is white. Brightness is also affected slightly by the saturation.

RGB:
Red, Green and Blue

This ranges from 0 to 255. Pure red would be R:255 G:0 B:0, it's the same with green and blue.

Unlike HSB, RGB is hard to make up your own colours, I recommend this website:
http://colorizer.org/

Text Tricks

Green Text = < a > With no spaces!

Quoted Text. Press > and then type!

Headings = # and then type, the more #'s you add, the smaller the text gets!
Bold Text = * Type * With no gaps.
Polls, hidden and blurred text, press the :gear:️ at the top!

MobCraft's Topic Portal
What do I do here
Idk how to use this
Welcome to the Forum Combo! :D

AWESOME GUIDE!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great guide!

Awesome guide!!
Also thats the website i use for my HSBs and RGBs!

(@Katerpants60 is kinda new :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

You should add BOT, GBOT, LGBOT, and WSRGBOTRN.

I thought xD was :laughing:. It looks like xD and you type it as : laughing :.

Adding to the Topic Portal

Could you tell me what they all mean please?

:laughing: and :joy: have the same meaning

Back On Topic, Get Back On Topic, Let's Get Back On Topic, and We Should Really Get Back On Topic Right Now.