Newbie buddies, forum suggestion

I love it that most people are enthusiastic with new forumers and that they tend to teach others about what they know. But time to time, it can get a little stressful when new people have to listen to many other’s opinions. Introducing Newbie Buddies. These people are there to advise their new friends about the forum so others don’t have to. Like a personal instructor, they are there to support new users and help them gain confidence will all the people in the forum. Whenever there is a new user, people will politely ask a leader to be their advisor. It’s up to the leads to decide who will instruct who and how they do so

15 Likes

Cool idea!

5 Likes

Thanks, what will the leaders think?

3 Likes

Yeah this is a good idea!

2 Likes

I like and accept it…

4 Likes

there is the Forum Welcome Team

7 Likes

Right :neutral_face:

5 Likes

We already have something like this. Nothing has happened since June since everyone is extra busy

11 Likes

I like the idea, and @TheCMStudios these people would be assigned to a single person

9 Likes

It’s a very similar concept but sure

11 Likes

I agree.

5 Likes

So how is the welcome team different to other individuals

7 Likes

The Forum Welcome Team is ready to SLAPP you.

Who is the forum welcome team again?

5 Likes

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/announcing-the-forum-welcome-team-plus-q-a/55276

5 Likes

For a second, I thought you were going to rick roll me.

I thought the welcome team was

Nobody, Gwe, Silver, and Fearless.

3 Likes

There is the official getting to know you topic for newcomers. The forum leaders put together a welcome team on the topic, so I don’t think this is really needed. Cool idea though

3 Likes

I’m not in it

4 Likes

This is great!

2 Likes

Nope, I’m not part of it. I still welcome people though :))

3 Likes

@JumpingCharacter86 welcome!

4 Likes