New Videos in Hopscotch! What do you want to see?

videos
pomtl

Hi everyone, my name is @axolotl and I’ll be making new videos for the Hopscotch app and youtube channel. :sunglasses:

I’d love to hear what kind of videos you’d like to see. Want to learn how to animate your own characters? How to make characters throw objects? How to keep score during a game? Make fireworks?

I’m probably going to start with specific techniques and not full game tutorials yet, but whatever you want to learn, let me know!

Best

A

28 Likes

Wow cool!
Videos on how to use sine and cosine, how to use clones (like, using clone index), and how to use values would be ones I’d like to see!

I do think some videos could use updating though, like Silverdolphin said. Some of them use an old editor version and maybe even old blocks that don’t exist anymore. (Well as far as I know. I haven’t used a video since 2016.)

Wait whoa omigosh are you part of the Hopscotch Team?

13 Likes

Welcome!

I’d like to see basic 3d code and psysics for thrown objects

5 Likes

Hi! Welcome to the forum! It’s a pleasure to meet you! Lemme know if you need anything! Like Tankt asked, are you a member of the Hopscotch Team?

The kind of videos I like to see are tutorials for basic things, but I feel like some of the videos need to be updated as they are pretty old eg: the pixel art one could maybe show how to make square pixels instead?

This is so cool! Wow I am so excited!!

Silvie's listie!

@Legendary_myth
@FobieFuwa
@Jojo
@tankt2016
@GameCodingCrazy123
@Paige1212
@BumpSplatGaming.Co
@RisingFiery
@CoderOfMagic
@Stylishpoopemoji33
@CTS
@GweTV
@Lisa1045
@JACG2018MASTER
@Explorer_
@Master_Alchemist

8 Likes

Yeah maybe faster pixels too

3 Likes

yep!

Haha Tankt I have already put this on watching

2 Likes

same XD

1 Like

I put it on watching the second before it cam out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
pinned #9

Awesome! Welcome to the forum! Tag me @Stylishpoopemoji33 if I can help with something!

2 Likes

I see that the current pixel art project shows the “artist” create one line after the other. One way you can make pixel art faster is if you have different “artist” objects creating each line at the same time, either when the project starts or when you tap the screen. Does that make sense?

8 Likes

Yay! Welcome! So I remember when Liza, and (Meg?) had one. And I loved it! Maybe just playing community games, and showing people the fundamentals of coding.

2 Likes

Ooh square pixels, interesting!

6 Likes

Hey friend! Good to see a new face in the community!

3 Likes

Oh! That is so cool. Could you make a video on a cool Background?

2 Likes

For sure, what kind of cool backgrounds?

4 Likes

Very cool. Do you have examples of the kind of 3D code you’re talking about? Specific projects you like, or ideas?

5 Likes

Smooth backgrounds?
Like this one?

3 Likes

May I tag the POMTL/OMTL to this topic?

your profile picture is awesome by the way!

1 Like

sure, feel free!

5 Likes