New Video Tutorial for beta editor Hopscotchers: Mad Libs!

Hey Hops! :wave:

As you may know, we’ve released coding with text strings to the beta editor. I’m here to let you know that we have a brand new tutorial video to go along with it!

Check out our new Mad Libs tutorial in the app, under the “New Releases” category. You’ll learn how to use the new text manipulation feature to code an interactive word game.

Try making your own Mad Libs and share your projects below!

I’m happy to hear your feedback and answer any questions you may have about this tutorial.

Excited to see what you create! :blush:

25 Likes

Ooh awesome!! Great timing too haha

9 Likes

Second post! Nice!

6 Likes

Wow cool! I luv mad libs

third
4 Likes

Indeed
Saw it yesterday and was going to point it out

Epic video

8 Likes

nice, mad libs!

6 Likes

Same, tho I’m not a sub anymore (it’s so hard for me, half of me is just like I rlly wanna just buy it, but the other half is like “just buy seeds, and wait. It’s cheaper, and ur about to start a large project (building an electric skateboard from scratch), and need every penny”)

3 Likes

Mad libs kool! I don’t hav beta editor tho

3 Likes

I CANT PLAY VIDEOS ON HOPSCOTCH AAAAAAAAAAAA

3 Likes

Noice noice noice
Mad libs is indeed quite fun

2 Likes

cool cool

4 Likes

This is really cool. I can’t wait to see what people will make with this idea!

5 Likes

I love how I still have a 10 story mad Libby’s sitting in my drafts cuz I forgot to publish it 2 months ago, and now I don’t have the sub :clap:t3:

4 Likes

If you open it from a link you can get in the draft to work on it and publish it. I think if you upload the json file in AE’s shortcut you can find the uuid for the link in the view-project-in-raw-json thingy.

3 Likes

Hmm, intresting. I just might do that

3 Likes

Did you base that on this project?

2 Likes

Yes you can.

For non-subscribers it’s just really limited.

3 Likes

It always fails to load and says something about checking my internet connection or something like that

4 Likes

yes that happens to me too all the time since I joined hs

4 Likes

I even got a notification of some sort of project that’s saying that my vimeo player is uh broken or something i kinda forgot been a while

3 Likes