New Update Help! πŸ˜„πŸ”₯

Hey everyone! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is SweetCry from Hopscotch. This was made for anyone who needs help on the latest update.

The reason I made this is because yesterday, I was searching through projects, and I saw at least 5 projects from 5 different people (names will not be mentioned) that said they are either quitting or taking a long break (until the old coding version is back) since they don't understand how to code with Hopscotch anymore. :pensive:

Just ask me any questions you have based on the latest update, and I will answer it as soon as I possibly can so you can understand the new coding design, which has confused many people.

-SweetCry :blush:

:0

IT IS AN OLD TIMER?! :0101001

OMG WELCOME BACK TO TEH COMMUNITY

OH MY
AHHHHHH
WELCOME BACK

Well, I have to say, I agree with them.

Also, @Liza, can you fix the bugs shown below? I'm never going to win the summer contest if I keep losing progress.

• I lose progress
    Well, it's on my secret account, aparently I'm going to have to keep publishing it every time I make a change. It is so upsetting!

• I barely know how to code anymore
    The update is harderβ€”and laggierβ€”than the others!

Unfortunately I don't work with the Hopscotch team so I can't help you with bug fix updates :sweat_smile:, but I can help you with the lag. Use these suggestions:

β€’If your project is laggy, do you ever crash? If you crash, that means your device is maintaining too much information, which makes an overload.

β€’Make sure your code is right if you are laggy. Sometimes, flaws in the code can make everything go haywire, even if it's just a teeny mistake.

β€’Losing progress...losing drafts I presume??? If you are losing drafts, try emailing the Hopscotch Team, they may be able to pull it out for you (not entirely sure). Losing progress after you do some code? Exit the project frequently, then go back in. This saves the progress, so if your game crashes, hopefully you won't lose as much of your code :confused:

β€’Lastly, try reducing the amount of code you have. In some cases, you can't really help havig heaps of code. But in some, you can.

This is really long, sorry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

When you say this, define harder. Harder to use? Tell me what is 'harder' for you, whether the design, blocks, right code, and I'll do my best to help you! :relaxed:

Thanks for welcoming me back everyone! I have been so busy lately and I have missed every single one of you!!:grinning::yum:

Well welcome back!

Hi im mrhotdog64!

Anyways, try watching the geomatry dash or swirl video, that helped me :D

I have never crashed while coding on that account, and it is my secret account.

Luckily, I just finished that project.

I don't think there were any problems in the code.

There was just a LOT of code.

Well, logging in and out of accounts may have something to do with it.

Now that was a hard project.

Hi welcome back!
I have never seen you, I joined March 29.

:scream: HIIIIIIIII!! You're back!!

The update's editor is a bit unresponsive at times. Is that what you are talking about?

Sometimes I will try to tap enter a number in some block, but when I tap the keypad nothing happens. So my fix is to tap somewhere else, then try entering the numbers again and it should work.
Same with entering new blocks of code. I find I need to long-tap for the list of blocks to show up.

Hi!! Welcome back!!

I'm Rainboom (call me da apple), I've never seen you before! :D:D

Also, the amount of code reducing thing won't work. Unless the model should happen to lose parts of its dress, leg, foot, head, face, hair, etc.

Tha code may be the problem, since the new update is not polished off. The amount may have caused glitches. Glad you finished it!!! :smile:

Amazhang topic!

Hi btw! I'm KomplettverrΓΌcktjunge on HS!
Tag me anytime you want :wink:

I can copy, but I can't paste. Can you help me with pasting?

Of course I can help you!

You can only use pasting with blocks that require numbers/texts, such as looks and sounds, values, and control flow. You can't use the paste on any other blocks.

Also, if you are trying to paste HSB's, use the HSB block.

Did I answer your question? :smile:

No I mean I don't know how to paste it