New to the Forum? Click this!

hopscotch

Hi new Forumer! Click this text for a tutorial!

Thanks for clicking this! You're probably confused right now, what is this place?

Read on to know how to use the forum!

Thanks for joining The Hopscotch Forum, and welcome!

Here are a few quick tips to get you started:

Reading

To read more, just keep scrolling down!

As new replies or new topics arrive, they will appear automatically – no need to refresh the page.

Navigation

• For search, your user page, or the menu, use the icon buttons at upper right.

• Selecting a topic title will always take you to the next unread reply in the topic. To enter at the top or bottom, select the reply count or last reply date instead.

• While reading a topic, select the progress bar at the bottom right for full navigation controls. Quickly jump back to the top by selecting the topic title. Press ? for a list of super-speedy keyboard shortcuts.

Replying

• To reply to the topic in general, use at the very bottom of the topic.

• To reply to a specific person, use on their post.

• To reply with a new topic, use to the right of the post. Both old and new topics will be automatically linked together.

Your reply can be formatted using simple HTML, BBCode, or Markdown:

This is **bold**.
This is <b>bold</b>.
This is [b]bold[/b].

Want to learn Markdown? Take Discourse's interactive tutorial!

To insert a quote, select the text you wish to quote, then press any Reply button. Repeat for multiple quotes.

To notify someone about your reply, mention their name. Type @ to begin selecting a username.

To use standard Emoji, just type : to match by name, or use the traditional smileys ;)

To generate a summary for a link, paste it on a line by itself:

Actions

There are action buttons at the bottom of each post:

To let someone know that you enjoyed and appreciated their post, use the like button. Share the love!

If you see a problem with someone's post, privately let them, or our staff, know about it with the flag button. You can also share a link to a post, or bookmark it for later reference on your user page.

Notifications

When someone replies to you, quotes your post, or mentions your @username, a number will immediately appear at the top right of the page. Use it to access your notifications.

Don't worry about missing a reply – you'll be emailed any notifications that arrive when you are away.

Your Preferences

• All topics less than two days old are considered new.

• Any topic you've actively participated in (by creating, replying, or reading for an extended period) will be automatically tracked.

You will see the blue new and unread number indicators next to these topics:

You can change your notifications for any topic via the notification control at the bottom of the topic.

You can also set notification state per category, if you want to watch every new topic in a specific category.

To change any of these settings, see your user preferences.

Community Trust

As you participate here, over time you'll gain the trust of the community, become a full citizen, and new user limitations will be lifted. At a high enough trust level, you'll gain new abilities to help us manage our community together.

Would you like to fit into our community? Here are some sweet links for you to get started:
Click this link to see the slangs on the Forum. Our community is a little bit weird and there are a lot of slangs that we use.
And, if you want to learn some of these TRicks, check out or
forum BBCode, Markdown and HTML Tips!

We believe in civilized community behavior at all times.

Enjoy your stay!

(Adapted from Discourse Meta, I didn't write anything except for the intro and edit some links)

.....I'm new to the forum
Hi! I just joined!
I am new to the forum! :D
I'm really new to the forum!
Hi I'm new to hopscotch and I'm Sarahswag
New to the forum plz help
Welcome, alexcoder202!

This is perfect to the new forumers!

This is great! I wish this topic had existed when I was new, because then I'd legitimately know how to do anything
XD

*slow clap*

Nice repost

hush wms 7th grader kid who doesnt talk to people in science olympiad and sits on a stool with your backpack on the lab table and looks at ms LC the whole time

the scioly tryouts are tomorrow whoops didnt study at all hahaha

But my backpack wasn't on the lab table

It was on the floor

I literally studied minerals for 5 minutes and that's it

I wished this was here when I joined I was totally lost well I still am...

well at least you studied something last year i went to one tryout and i left early didnt do anything except yell at my partner to do everything and you were supposed to do like 2 events i did one and left early

still got on the alt team ahahah

if i dont get to main ill probably leave because all the clubs are on tuesday this year so crazy

Wait didn't you already make this topic

They took out Entomology, which was the only thing I actually deserved to be on Varsity for.

so i'm a spectator this year
have fun kids

ya but i couldnt edit it because i was demoted so i edited it on a new topic :thumbsup:

i was beast at picture this until this kid in 6th grade decided to make us LOSE

so i did write it do it last year literally drew out the whole diagram to my partner and talked to him for like 10 minutes

HE STILL GOT IT WRONG

maybe next time maybe next time heh

That sounds terrible...

I think everyone in SciOly has an experience with a bad partner.

During State competitions, my partner for Entomology screamed and threw the canister of silverfish we were supposed to be investigating across the room and it hit the event supervisor...

My partner was an 8th grade guy.

I was in 6th grade.

you can imagine my disappointment

Omg that's sad
Last year I stayed up til 2am building a bridge for the bridge event

It worked well

Can't say the same for the other team who did bridges tho XD

Eric the 8th grader and Mark who is in your grade broke their bridge at the day of the meet so they brought two sticks and used that as their bridge

they werent in last place i am not kidding

They weren't in last place...?

shiv is having a think

wow

much impressed

I'm surprised that we (me and my Entomology partner) didn't come in last, seeing as that lady who he threw living silverfish at was grading our event...

lol

we have such high standards for ourselves xD

Second to last

I was very surprised

They actually tries to build it the morning of the meet and it fell apart. Then they presented two sticks as their bridge

Very smart