New Thoughts On Featured

feedback
tagica
nachy

So, I’ve been thinking about this is my head for a while.

Not my foot, my head.

While thinking about the quality of featured (again), I had a thought (no not that kind)! What if there was a section like Featured, but for lower quality projects? Immediately, my brain started churning out an entire essay to write to THT about this when I suddenly realized Wait, isn’t that just Rising?

Rising was created for projects that are great, but aren’t Feature-ready- right? Well, I’m sorry to say this, but most of the projects on Featured aren’t exactly Feature-ready. Some lack complex code, thought-out design, and sometimes plain old spelling issues (grammar police unite).

^ This is also hurting other more complex projects on Featured; most are overlooked because of the fact.

That’s why I’m proposing this idea: what if, from now on, we put the more ‘lower’ quality projects on Rising, and put more higher quality on Featured instead.

What do you guys think?

I mean, obviously if you don’t have HS anymore you don’t need to vote.

• Seems like a good idea, but I’m not sure how we’d implement it.
  • I’m confused…
  • Great idea! I know how this could work!
  • I’m not really liking this idea of yours… (reply with thoughts)
  • I get it, but I’m not really sure why we should do this (reply with thoughts)
  • why was I tagged

0 voters

@omtl

@hopscotch-curators

15 Likes

I agree. I simply agree.

4 Likes

Oki time to type up another novel at 12:30 in the morning.
Don’t ask.

I like the concept, it might work, but THT wants the Hopscotch Curators to feature two projects a day, and there’s obviously not enough projects that are as good as the 2017 featured projects were to feature two a day.
Then again, THT could do something about that.

Okay I know this doesn’t pass as a novel but it’s 12:30 in the morning, what do you expect?

6 Likes

I expected people to be sleeping.

2 Likes

I actually have no idea how projects get on rising and whether it’s based on popularity or if it’s nomintated or chosen or whatever lol but yeah it’s a nice idea

3 Likes

I deleted the app million of years ago, but I think I want it to improve. So great idea here.

1 Like

I really agree! Rising should be used more in my opinion.

2 Likes

I think that this idea would be great but, I think featured projects are not just quality, they’re also enjoyable projects that can entertain you for a while, but by the other hand, there’s also projects that weren’t “featured-ready” And just went featured by the fame, so I think it would be a great idea but the curators would have more work

3 Likes

My thoughts: I agree BUT I think the curators are looking for hard work and fun-ness more than anything. I do feel like there are way too many featured though.

5 Likes

The curators put them on there.

3 Likes

Best. Idea. Ever.

1 Like