New things in update

Here is the topic where you can edit in the new things in the update (version 3.23).

Add stuff in here
  • Custom rules
  • Colors are numbered
  • When you go to an object variable, you can select original object (if there are any clones)
    Go to center pre-made custom block

Feel free to post your projects testing the new features.

Also, it would be nice if you would add in what things custom rules would be useful for.

List of custom rules uses
  • Making pixel arts (especially smooth ones)
  • Games where several objects do the same things (such as @HopscotchRemixer’s potato farm)
  • Drawing pads

It said objects.

Pretty sure they always were.

Thanks for pointing that out. Also, @Liza, @Rodrigo, and @awesomeonion, I think I found a bug:
Someone posted a link to a project, but when I tapped on it, it took me to my drafts. Both HS and my iPad are updated.

Why has no one ever known this…except maybe you and THT

Not sure. I first saw it in an old tutorial for fuzzy draw.

Yay!!! Finally you can put the iPad rules in custom blocks!!!

Wow! That is super cool! I hope that the update is available in the Swedish App Store today so it doesn’t get published there a little later than in the USA, because I want to download it :slight_smile:

Edit: it is available in the Swedish App Store.

What do you mean by colours being numbered?

There is no number on them or anything…?

Does it usally occur, like does Sweden versions not have the update?
Off topic congrats, with HHC2017!!

I dunno. I think it usually comes a bit late, but i’m not sure if that’s because of not refreshing or something else.

No, not very often but maybe sometimes.

You have to count them, and I think to get it like that you have to copy and paste the random block.

That’s always been a feature. Each colour has an id, from 0 to 23 I think.
You can have a variable in the color field, too.

Wow, I feel like I was the only one that didn’t know that

Yeah, that has actually always been a feature, but it has been kind of hidden, so it is totally fine if you don’t know about it @sophia71205. I code almost only using the old editor and it works with color values as well. However, there has been a little bug with that in the newer editor.

Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Nah, I don’t think so. It was quite a while ago since it was used, though. The introduction of HSB and RGB kind of outcompeted this function. I remember Funky63 Greenland used to upload projects about this, that’s how I found out about it.

I actually use it pretty often in my generator projects.

New update is now out to fix links on iOS 11.