New ideas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This could easily lead to texting programs that can’t be easily monitored. This could also lead to project vandalism

2 Likes

This may not be a good idea since if you could edit other’s games, then everyone who plays it then on, will see different changes they may not want, and as @FRENCH_WAVE123, it is vandalism

3 Likes

I said it may cause vandalism. I’m assuming this would be a toggle able feature, and as goombaman said, (which I forgot when I talked about vandalism) was that these would be server wide variables, which means I could save input to smth, and everyone would be able to see! You could even respond by saving input somewhere else!

2 Likes

This could be an option so the creator could decide if they want to risk vandalism in their projects or not. The creator can also decide who gets to edit the project or not.

2 Likes

Again, unmonitored chat rooms?

2 Likes

Plus, Discourse powers this forum, so any changes to the HS forum must be made to Discourse itself.

2 Likes

there could be filtered words in the chat room, and it could only let you use it when a moderator is around, and the moderators would be able to ban people from it. (the ban would save bc it would use a saving variable to find out if they are banned from it.)

1 Like

there’s a way probably by doing some tweaks to the app and forum

1 Like

Maybe rename the re al name feature.

You know, if we get In string, replace something with something, we can never display “re al name,” even if that is in the code, since we could just replace it.

4 Likes

Forum site settings and plugins can change how the forum behaves without affecting anything in discourse I believe.

Else every discourse forum would behave and look the exact same

2 Likes

Every discourse forum website looks at least in some way similar but just do different things. Plugins are a nice feature to give you the ability to do almost whatever you want your program or website to do

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen that. :)
Whoops, I meant you could change things like where buttons are located, color themes and things like that

2 Likes

Is this an idea-in-hopscotch-discussing-chat-room now?

1 Like

People shouldn’t be able to give plants to their own projects because I’ve seen people getting themselves on the top gardens leaderboards illegitimately. The #1 spot on this week’s leaderboard gained 125 plants in a short period of time and there’s no way they didn’t cheat. Even the best and most well-known Hopscotchers like @CreationsOfaNoob don’t get that many plants in one day.

3 Likes

Another idea I have is the ability to unpublish remixes of your projects. This would be useful to keep people from showing off your projects as their own, as many creators hate when they do this!

1 Like

My hopscotch forum idea is that you should be able to connect to your regular hopscotch account and use 5 seeds to make a club/competition.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! If you need any help, tag me (@Heracc)!

3 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the hopscotch forum!
That is a great idea!

Thank you for the compliment.