New ideas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a couple ideas for Hopscotch and the forum.

New user settings
You should be able to follow/watch users. You should also be able to pin them, and that would be cool :sunglasses:.

Hopscotch username
You know how can fill out your profile with location, bio and site? There should be a ‘Hopscotch username’ option. It’s useful and saves time.

Tutorials
You should have a make a tutorial option on Hopscotch. It can’t pick up your face, but it should pick up your voice. You must only create a tutorial if it is Hopscotch related and a real tutorial, not some ‘Hi I’m Dragongirl’ thing. Only members can create and watch them. But you can use seeds to both create and watch the tutorials. The only bad thing is that it would have to be approved. That means it must be very short.

(Non-original idea) Stickers
You should be able to buy stickers for a little bit of money, and give them to other Hopscotchers’ projects. You can doodle on it after you buy it. :teddy_bear: You can either use the sticker as a pfp or give it to another hopscotcher :smiley:

Hopscotch bios
Once you enter your Hopscotch username on the forum it should apply your forum bio in Hopscotch. If you don’t have the forum, you can enter one. It won’t apply your stats, location or website.

12 Likes

Those are some nice ideas! :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m not sure they can integrate the whole thing with the Hopscotch Username on the forum option plus the thing with bios on Hopscotch is they feel unnecessary and requires more moderation

9 Likes

The watch/follow user is a good idea, but if they post in an unlisted topic, then you’ll find the topic;)

Also being watched/followed may feel weird

9 Likes

But you fill it out, it doesn’t detect it

3 Likes

It should be pretty easy actually, there are already slots where you could put their hopscotch name, you would then make sign-ins use your hopscotch account. This can be done with a plugin, but as you said, I don’t see why you would need it.

5 Likes

Good ideas! But I’m sure that some hopscotchers wouldn’t like to their voice out there with the tutorials. Maybe they can screen record the tutorial and add text?

5 Likes

Nice idea Spark (is it fine if I call you that?)

2 Likes

Maybe they can trade them for seeds if you want the tutorial and the person that published it gets the seeds? Just an idea.

2 Likes

Yes totally, that’s my nickname :grin:

4 Likes

I realised that it would be hard to connect the app with the forum

2 Likes

Thanks @sparkstudios!

3 Likes

New user settings:
Seems kinda creepy but you can do that through following to see their newest projects

Hopscotch Username:
That’d have to be added as a discourse feature, which is highly unlikely. Also, people can just manually type it in, and some may want a different user name here than there.

Tutorials:
Super hard to moderate but I like the seed part of it.

Stickers:
That’d be a cool feature but if it were added, it’d probably be sub-only cuz otherwise it’s similar to custom images + art in the editor

Hopscotch bios:
Super hard to moderate and that just feels kinda unnecessary.
The maybe something where you have a little multiple-choice section talking about what kind of projects you prefer, the kind you make most often, etc

7 Likes

They are still really good ideas though

3 Likes

Never said they weren’t :)) just dropping my two cents.

3 Likes

I know well done @Dragongirl1264

2 Likes

Nice ideas!

3 Likes

I think Dragongirl means on here;)

3 Likes

Nice idea @Dragongirl1264

4 Likes

Huh? Wdym?

3 Likes