New idea for a music block

What if there was like a chord block for music that you could pick different notes to put in and it would play the sound of the chord. Because right now trying to play notes together is weird :slight_smile:

12 Likes

use

When game starts
Play note

When game starts
Play note

this will make an awesome chord, and it’s approximately what i use in my official music reader algorithm.

5 Likes

But if it’s played to fast on mine it gets messed up

4 Likes

try this

When game starts
//your code here
Broadcast Messages (chord1)

When i get a message (chord1)
Play note

When i get a message (chord1)
Play note
6 Likes

I’m not entirely sure about the idea of a chord “block” – could see that going either way.

But I certainly do agree that playing notes together currently causes a lot of lag and creates a bad user experience.

6 Likes

Cool idea, but i think its unnecessary because chords are just multiple notes in the first place. I think the real problem is

There’s a different topic talking about this, but I’m too lazy to link it lol

2 Likes

I could definitely see this being helpful for folks learning to arrange music (not hopscotch’s primary purpose, but it helped me a ton when I played around with it a few years ago!), or for hops who just want some nice sounding background music. maybe this would work with a “play triad” block that plays three notes at once?

not sure how this would execute any more quickly than the manual programming though, unless all notes played in the same frame?

5 Likes