Hey Beta Testers!
First off, thanks again for all your feedback on the last beta. We listened carefully to your good ideas and have been hard at work for the last few weeks making the app better.
Our goal with this update is to make it easier and faster to code in Hopscotch and to strengthen the Hopscotch language so that it’s better suited for complex projects. For example, wouldn’t it be cool if you could copy a block...and paste it into another project? We still have a long way to go, but this is a step in that direction!
Here are the major things added to this beta, thanks to your input:
- You can add objects from the stage (another frequent request!)
- It’s easier to tell objects apart in the editor (this was a very common request!)
- You can now name your objects whatever you want (for example, you can call an object that draws “pen" even when the text is set to something else)
- You can see the name of each object in the editor, so you know what you’re adding code to
- You can get to a specific object’s code from the stage
- You can delete by dragging blocks to the right side of the editor (this was causing lots of headaches!)
- You can open and close blocks by tapping on them (rather than those pesky arrows)
- You can watch videos on the iPhone version (so fancy )
SO! Download the new beta and try making something! Try adding an object from the stage, adding a bunch of the same type of objects and editing their code, and navigating around your code.
We’re excited to hear what you think. Let us know, and please also tell us if you find any bugs. Exact steps to recreate the bug and screenshots are especially appreciated
PS: Here is Hopscotch teamwork in action on our retreat a few weeks ago:
...and creativity in action: