New Hopscotch Beta 6/28!

Hey Beta Testers!

First off, thanks again for all your feedback on the last beta. We listened carefully to your good ideas and have been hard at work for the last few weeks making the app better.

Our goal with this update is to make it easier and faster to code in Hopscotch and to strengthen the Hopscotch language so that it’s better suited for complex projects. For example, wouldn’t it be cool if you could copy a block...and paste it into another project? We still have a long way to go, but this is a step in that direction!

Here are the major things added to this beta, thanks to your input:

• You can add objects from the stage (another frequent request!)
  • It’s easier to tell objects apart in the editor (this was a very common request!)
  • You can now name your objects whatever you want (for example, you can call an object that draws “pen" even when the text is set to something else)
  • You can see the name of each object in the editor, so you know what you’re adding code to
  • You can get to a specific object’s code from the stage
  • You can delete by dragging blocks to the right side of the editor (this was causing lots of headaches!)
  • You can open and close blocks by tapping on them (rather than those pesky arrows)
  • You can watch videos on the iPhone version (so fancy :stuck_out_tongue: )

SO! Download the new beta and try making something! Try adding an object from the stage, adding a bunch of the same type of objects and editing their code, and navigating around your code.

Here’s the link: And don't forget to trust Hopscotch in your settings!

We’re excited to hear what you think. Let us know, and please also tell us if you find any bugs. Exact steps to recreate the bug and screenshots are especially appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks, Liza

PS: Here is Hopscotch teamwork in action on our retreat a few weeks ago:

...and creativity in action:

Yay! :D

I'm super excited for this to come out!

Yes I am downloading right now I saw the email!

The beta should work splendidly on my new iPad! :blush:

Cool! :DD

I'm going to try it out right away!

Edit: The app doesn't recognize my user! :00

wow just adding the grid in theplus makes me feel happy!

Wow! This is awesome! Can't wait to test it!

Also was the one that I was using with @Rodrigo at HQ the new beta or the old beta? @Liza

I think you should separate the two links. I though they were one link and kept clicking on the Apple one. :sweat_smile:

This be amaaaazzzziiiinnngggg!1!1!1!1!!1 :D
I can't wait until it's released! XD

@Liza yey thank you for telling us :D

Also, I'm not a fan of the new block layout, or how you can't have your iPad in landscape mode with it, but other than that it's great!

And @Liza that looks scary!:joy:

Awesome! I love the way you guys incorporated our suggestions. One thing is it's kinda hard to move around operator blocks... Unless I'm missing something :P

And...modulo? Rounding? ABS? Interesting... XD

Oh my jumpyduckz there's decimals.

I am downloading it right now.

Same. I hate how it lags so much. @Liza, you'd better fix this lag. Don't ask me what type of iPad I have, because all I know is that it isn't an iPad Mini.

I love the new beta! It's amazing. :D

currently impossible...but now you can copy/paste them

And the teamwork one…

Did the Team mean to be in that situation, or was it an actual scary accident? How far was it from the ground? Who was hanging on the cliff? Who helped that person back onto the mountain? Where was the cliff? What was the name of the cliff? Who else was at the cliff?