Hey Beta Testers!
It’s a big day here at Hopscotch HQ—and not just because we’re all obsessively checking election results.
Today we’re releasing a beta on a new testing platform. If you did not get an email from iTunesConnect about the Hopscotch beta, you need sign up to become a beta tester. Fill out this form to sign up: https://liza53.typeform.com/to/pgjAan
This beta is the unveiling of our new project player. It makes projects fully compatible between Hopscotch and the web! Send someone a link to your project, and they’ll play the same thing on the browser as you play in Hopscotch. Now everyone you know can play your games.
This beta also includes free trials. If you sign up for a monthly plan, you get a 7 day free trial. If you sign up for a yearly plan, you get a 30 day free trial. We’re so excited to give everyone the chance to experience the full power of Hopscotch.
A few things about this beta:
- If you did not get an email about it, you must sign up with the email adddress you use for your iTunes account. Fill out this form to sign up: https://liza53.typeform.com/to/pgjAan
- We’re using a new beta testing platform - it will update the Hopscotch you have instead of downloading a new app. When we release a new version, you can download this update and it will replace the beta app.
- Test the beta by making new cool and complex projects. We’ve updated the hopscotch project player and we want you guys to help stress-test it.
- Old projects will run on the old player, including your drafts. So the only way to test this is by making a brand new project.
- Things to look out for: using text and emojis as characters and using bump and is touching rules.
Let us know if your new projects work as you’d expect them to. Does anything seem broken? Send us the link to any project that doesn’t work.
Thanks so much for your help!
The Hopscotch Team
PS: To get the beta, you must provide the email adddress you use for your iTunes account. Fill out this form to sign up: https://liza53.typeform.com/to/pgjAan