We’re testing out a new feature and want to see if you guys find it helpful.
The latest beta contains Custom Rules. Custom Rules are like Custom Blocks: you can save a group of code and then use it on any object, as many times as you like. Like Custom Blocks, if you change the code in one place, it will change in every place you use that Rule. The difference is that Custom Rules contain WHENS as well as code blocks. (Therefore creating complete rules that can be reused!)
We would love to hear what you think about this new feature:
- Is it helpful?
- Does it work?
- Can you find any examples where Custom Rules do not work as you’d expect?
Second, if you’re into this feature, we’d love your help creating our first set of default Custom Rules (blocks that will appear in every Hopscotch project), like the default Custom Abilities.
- These Rules should not be too complicated, but should do something cool.
- Think about when you were a new Hopscotcher: these are the first blocks you might explore using in a project. What would be exciting to you? What would be fairly easy to understand?
- Send us the link to a project with cool Custom Rules, and there’s a chance we’ll use your Rule in the app
Thanks so much for your help! We’re excited to hear what you think and see what you create.
- Liza, Sam, Rodrigo, and Jocelyn