New badges on the forum? Tell me what you think

(If there is a topic like this please close this. I looked and I couldn’t find anything like it)
So I was looking at the discourse website and under the badges section and saw some badges that I think could be added to the HS Forum.
This badge could be altered a bit to be ‘created a topic in the FAQ category to help new users.

This one could be given if you reported a HS or Forum bug that was acknowledged by the Forum team.

This one could be given when you fill out profile info. You’ve told the community a bit about you!
This is the most important one. You get it when you read the guidelines. You’ve read how to be a good, kind forum user and how to behave on the forum. That’s it. What’s your favourite one?

• Scribe
  • Bug Reporter
  • Autobiographer
  • Read Guidelines
  • I like them all
  • I don’t like any of them
  • I dunno

0 voters

@omtl @Ana

12 Likes

Stealing first reply! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Cool idea! (Second reply)

1 Like

I think some of these, like bug reporter and read guidelines, are a good idea. The others I’m not sure about.

Scribe might not be possible since y’all can’t make topics in FAQ (a lead has to move it there) and might be problematic if people make spam topcs in FAQ just for a badge.
Autobiographer seems kinda unnecessary imo but maybe that’s just me

10 Likes

Ok. I see your point. The FAQ one might not work.

3 Likes

I agree with the bug reporter one, but the others are a bit unnecessary at my point of view

2 Likes

Sounds like good ideas!

5 Likes

coolio idea!

2 Likes

Bug reporter, read guidelines. Those would work. Scribe might too, but it’s manually handed out for tutorials in #HA

Bug fixer, 3 bugs
Bug smasher, 5 bugs, appeared in changelog

3 Likes